“Nice Hotel”

Courtyard Louisville Airport
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Sadly, we only stayed here for one night, but the time we spent was amazing. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The only problems we had was that the night we spent there was a hurricane warning, but hey you can't stop nature. The indoor pool was a nice size, and we got to swim some. It was very warm which was a big plus. If we ever have a need to go back to Louisville, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2009

This hotel was easy to get to, with easy access to I-65, I-264 (Watterson Expy) and the airport. Also right next to Six Flags, very close. Not near the more popular shopping and restaurants of St. Matthews and Downtown, but those areas are an easy 10-15 minute drive. Room was more comfortable than I have seen at other Courtyards, with good beds and decorated more comfortably than some others. My biggest complaint was the paper-thin walls. A coworker complained after the first night that she heard the person in the room next to hers go to the restroom 3 times during the night. The second night, I could clearly hear the ballgame on in the room next to mine until late. I turned on my radio for some "white noise" and covered my head with a pillow. I didn't feel it was fair to complain about the guy next door because he didn't have it up that loud--it's just the walls are so thin. Breakfast at the hotel was very good, with an omelet station that some other Courtyards don't offer. Overall, not a bad place to stay but I will ask for a room with no one nextdoor if I return.

• Liked — Comfortable Bed, Omelet Station
  • Disliked — Paper-Thin Walls
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank STEPHMARTY
midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2008

This was a very nice hotel. Great service. Nice room. It was a little dated but, very clean. Some reviews mentioned issues with the heating unit but, we had no problems. Overall, we were quite happy with our stay.

• Liked — Comfortable bed and fantastic service
  • Disliked — Was a little difficult to find with GPS
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank midwest4
san diego, ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2007

Courtyard needs to be updated. Old, low to ground, flat bed. Old AC unit on wall - blows out air all night keeping you awake. Old tv sets - not flat screens, but a lot of channels. NO free breakfast, but coffee or tea service in lobby. Staff was friendly. New shower curtain but the rest of the bathroom was old.

• Liked — convenient to airport
  • Disliked — old
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdmjw
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2007

My family and I were in Louisville for one night to see a concert and go to the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory. We were greeted with friendly smiles from the front desk crew. They were quick and effecient, and since they don't have rollaways they gave us a room upgrade so my son didn't have to sleep on the floor!

Since we were only there for one night, we did not get to see much of Louisville, although there are several fast food places nearby. The airport is near as well. The noise from the airport was almost nonexistent. The hotel is right at the entrance to the fairgrounds and very close (almost walking distance) to Six Flags.

The room was spotless and had a perfect view of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and the fairground. Plenty of fresh towels and clean pillows. The room even smelled clean and fresh! The shower was fantastic, wonderful water pressure and super clean from top to bottom.

I had no problems getting on the internet on my laptop and when I needed to print a document, the hotel computer was available and printed perfectly. There is a small indoor pool which we did not use, even though the kids begged to!

We ate breakfast at the hotel, which was buffet style but you can order off the menu if you like. The buffet was great, with make-your-own-waffles, juice, breads, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. It was all very tasty and reasonably priced.

If you have kids and like cleanliness and friendliness (like myself--I'm VERY picky about hotels!), I would recommend this hotel to you. I will definitely stay here again when we return to Louisville!

• Liked — Friendliness, cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — No rollaway beds
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Arthurdale, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2007

We were in town to see The Police in concert at Churchill Downs. We found the hotel easily without even printing the directions. The staff were very friendly and professional. The rooms were quiet, clean and very comfortable. The bed was so nice! I'm pretty picky and am used to 4 inches of memory foam every night, but I slept wonderfully. The only problem we had was getting something to eat. There didn't seem to be many restaurants nearby, but we were in a hurry to get to the concert, so maybe we just didn't see them. Papa Johns delivers until 1:00 am though, so we relaxed and ate pizza after the concert. In the morning, we had a great breakfast in the cafe downstairs.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — I wish it was closer to restaurants
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2007

We went to Louisville to visit the Six Flags park. We loved this hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were huge and just lovely.
We also had a great view of the Six Flags theme park. The front desk was friendly, even recommending places to see and eat. The pool was small, but the kids enjoyed it. Breakfast was not included in the room rate but the omelets, fruit, and waffles were great. The service one morning wasn't that good because the dining area was overcrowded and there wasn't enough staff to accomodate everyone's orders. Overall the hotel was really awesome and we would definitely recommend it.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — Breakfast servers
  • Stayed May 2007