“Overcharged!!!”

Ranked #86 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Benton, Kentucky
“Overcharged!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed in this Econolodge after finding most hotels in the area were booked. Upon check-in, we were charged $99 a night for a room with 2 double beds. When looking at the website, we saw that the room rate was actually $64.99 a night! When we asked the front desk about this huge difference in price we given the run-around. Basically used every excuse for the charges. When asking for a detailed receipt they couldn't provide it. They did nothing to refund the money we were overcharged. I would NOT recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I just stayed @ this hotel. I checked in after driving a long way and didnt carry in anything didnt check anything was to tired. There were 4 of us in the room and my friend jump up and said a bug was on her pilliow so we put it in a cup (alive) and took it to the desk. We took pictures of it and looked on like it was a full grown bed bug. The woman at the desk was SO RUDE it was unbelievable. She didnt give us our money back or say she was sorry NOTHING. She sent "housekeeping" up to check for others and couldnt find any she said... So I ask so what I just brought u this one still alive (crawling in cup) and she didnt care. Thank goodness we didnt take anything in so we stripped our clothes in car and left them in parking lot.... DO NOT STAY BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Davena W
Franklin, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Took grandkids to Justin Beiber concert needed hotel close to Yum Yum Center. That part is true. Hotel room too smoky, clothes smelled like cigerattes all way home. Room clean, microwave, amenities, refrig. Just smelled really bad. People at desk, very nice. No waffles for breakfast or cream cheese for bagels. Best point: Close to everything downtown.

Room Tip: Tried to get non smoking, none available....
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MsDeb69
Powell, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I booked via choicehotels.com because it was a decent rate. When we arrived, we found out there was no elevator! I had a handicapped guest with me. No where on the site did it say "no elevator available". There was a "jacuzzi" room available on the lower level but the clerk would not move me to that room for the same rate I booked. It was going to be double the amount because of the jacuzzi!

I couldn't get a refund even though the accommodations did not work for us. That made me mad too. A military individual was looking for a room that night as well. I was going to sell her my room but the clerk wouldn't change the reservation. She also quoted the military rate higher than the internet rate I booked at. The sweet military person helped us upstairs and then booked herself a room at a different hotel.

We stayed one night since we were trapped. We moved to Red Roof Inn on Preston and had a great experience there. Will never stay at Econo Lodge again. Not only were they unhelpful to me, they were unhelpful to our military personnel. That's unacceptable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank tndeefan
Burkburnett, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed two night. Room was clean, well maintained, and hotel was the same. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was adequate. Would stay there again and recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank r t
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a clean facility that is well maintained. The staff are friendly. Everything in the room was working and in good condition. I wanted to be very near the fair/expo area and this location was ideal.

However, if you want to do more than check email, you will find the internet service unacceptable. Long wait times were the norm for websites with a normal level of graphics. Forget social networking or streaming. This is not up to par with other motels.

The continental breakfast was minimal but not a factor since the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: The internet is free, but you couldn't really call it "high speed."
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Jay P, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I appreciate this feedback ,I have shared your excellent comments to the housekeeping/ Maintence as well as the front desk staff and they were thrilled to hear how please you were with the Econo Lodge Airpot
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. They picked us up at the International dealer and took us back as well. The hotel is very clean and there is no odor. The room was a comfortable size with a 32" LCD tv which had a full cable package. The internet was really good as well. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding and pillows to die for. The room was very clean and well lit. The heater/air conditioner worked well and the curtains were just the right length to not interfere with the direction of air flow....as is so common in hotels with a much higher star rating. The room had all the amenities you could want with coffee being available in the lobby. We did not utilize the breakfast so I can not comment on that. The parking is a bit tight and is not set up for RV's or semi's. I would suggest backing into your parking spot and you should have no trouble at all. If you are looking for a good nights sleep for a reasonable price and do not require frills and luxury, this is the place for you. I would most certainly stay there again .

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and had no problems at all. There is no elevator so handicapped people sh...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple