See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed in this Econolodge after finding most hotels in the area were booked. Upon check-in, we were charged $99 a night for a room with 2 double beds. When looking at the website, we saw that the room rate was actually $64.99 a night! When we asked the front desk about this huge difference in price we given the run-around. Basically used every excuse for the charges. When asking for a detailed receipt they couldn't provide it. They did nothing to refund the money we were overcharged. I would NOT recommend this hotel!!

Date of stay: May 2013
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I just stayed @ this hotel. I checked in after driving a long way and didnt carry in anything didnt check anything was to tired. There were 4 of us in the room and my friend jump up and said a bug was on her pilliow so we put it in a cup (alive) and took it to the desk. We took pictures of it and looked on like it was a full grown bed bug. The woman at the desk was SO RUDE it was unbelievable. She didnt give us our money back or say she was sorry NOTHING. She sent "housekeeping" up to check for others and couldnt find any she said... So I ask so what I just brought u this one still alive (crawling in cup) and she didnt care. Thank goodness we didnt take anything in so we stripped our clothes in car and left them in parking lot.... DO NOT STAY BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: March 2013
5  Thank Davena W
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Took grandkids to Justin Beiber concert needed hotel close to Yum Yum Center. That part is true. Hotel room too smoky, clothes smelled like cigerattes all way home. Room clean, microwave, amenities, refrig. Just smelled really bad. People at desk, very nice. No waffles for breakfast or cream cheese for bagels. Best point: Close to everything downtown.

Room tip: Tried to get non smoking, none available....
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank MsDeb69
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I booked via choicehotels.com because it was a decent rate. When we arrived, we found out there was no elevator! I had a handicapped guest with me. No where on the site did it say "no elevator available". There was a "jacuzzi" room available on the lower level but the clerk would not move me to that room for the same rate I booked. It was going to be double the amount because of the jacuzzi!

I couldn't get a refund even though the accommodations did not work for us. That made me mad too. A military individual was looking for a room that night as well. I was going to sell her my room but the clerk wouldn't change the reservation. She also quoted the military rate higher than the internet rate I booked at. The sweet military person helped us upstairs and then booked herself a room at a different hotel.

We stayed one night since we were trapped. We moved to Red Roof Inn on Preston and had a great experience there. Will never stay at Econo Lodge again. Not only were they unhelpful to me, they were unhelpful to our military personnel. That's unacceptable.

Date of stay: September 2012
4  Thank tndeefan
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed two night. Room was clean, well maintained, and hotel was the same. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was adequate. Would stay there again and recommend.

Date of stay: June 2012