“Good Cuban Food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Neighbourhood: Clifton
Neighbourhood: Clifton
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Nice selection of Cuban specialties done in an authentic style and at a modest price. Go for the pork platter!

There are newer reviews for Cubana

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Two of us shared the The 'Ensalada Caribena (Caribbean Salad) $7.59' which was fabulous and fresh. We also split the 'Pollo Asado (roasted chicken) $13.99 which was very good and was a large portion. We each had two rum drink specials that were refreshing. The waiter was very pleasant and attentive coming back multiple times to check on us. We both agreed he was one of the best waiters we have had in some time. This was a Saturday night and we were amazed that the place was not packed based on the food and service. We plan on returning in the near future with a group of people.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I took my daughter and her two friends to Cubana for dinner on Sunday night after Abby on the River. We all were in need of refreshing drinks and satisfying meal. I has Fricasse de Pollo, which was a flovorful chiken stew. The broth had even more flavor than the chicken, whihc was great. We had Empandas de Pollo. They were excellent with a crisp shell filled with well spiced chicken. A real good statr for the meal. We also had seafood au gratin that had a nice mix of seafoods. We also had Camarones al Ajilo, which featured shrimppleasantly sauted with lime and garlic. The yellow rice was very tasty. It was a great evening with excellent food.

1  Thank JayManCard
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Having fallen in love with Cuban food almost two decades ago in Miami, my husband and I tried Cubana Caribbean Cuban Cuisine when in Louisville recently. We enjoyed the experience so much that we went back for an encore the next night. Upon entering, the tropical decor lifts the guests into an island frame of mind. Everything we ordered was absolutely savory, plentiful, and well presented. Between the two of us we gorged on stuffed vegetarian pastries, grilled shredded beef, chicken stew, and Caribbean salad composed of mixed greens, avacados, and carmelized Spanish walnuts with wedges of mango, papaya, and orange beautifully arranged along the rim of the bowl. The sweet potato fries and sweet plantains were delicious. The server was friendly and caring. This Cubana is the real deal.

1  Thank JoyfulInGeorgia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This was one of the worst experiences I've had in a restaurant in quite some time. Only one person to serve the entire restaurant. At least six dirty tables that went unbussed the entire time we were there. Did not get my appetizers before meal and then given to me, and charged, as a to go item at end of meal. When the waiter gave me my credit card receipt I asked for a pen, he didn't have one and said "Don't worry about it" I wasn't about to leave the receipt unsigned with a blank tip and total. I won't be going back. Food was only fair.

1  Thank tictock