“No frills; great value”

Ranked #77 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Cleveland, Ohio
“No frills; great value”
Reviewed 27 September 2005

This is an older Red Roof that has undergone some renewal. My room was a small-ish ground-floor unit with a king-sized bed. It was bright and clean and thoroughly adequate for an on-the-road overnight @ $51. Though it's a tad hard to find, tucked away on Blairwood, off of Hurstborne, it's handy to the I-64 and is surrounded by convenient highway eateries and gas-up emporia. To find it, look for the BP station and the Waffle House.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank DoeHEAD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2004

Three friends and I returned from Louisville yesterday, where we spent 3 nights at the Red Carpet Inn. I don't think this would have been my first choice for a vacation rental, but for Derby weekend, it was suitable. I was nervous about staying here because I couldn't find ANY information about it on the internet, and it was SO much cheaper than other area hotels for this special event. It turned out to be OK. The room was acceptable (nothing special, but relatively clean), and its proximity to Churchill Downs was convenient. We were there to party, and that's exactly what we did! I would NOT recommend this hotel for families or those seeking peace and quiet. Nor would I recommend this hotel for a stay other than the Kentucky Derby, when other rooms are scarce and highly overpriced! We'll be back again next year!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member