“very nice”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Louisville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed from 4-6 April, so we missed out on the managers reception during the week. They do have a menu posted on what they have each month. Breakfast was acceptable, usually eggs, sausage, biscuits or gravy. You could toast bagels and french toast. Fruit selection was ok. Cereal selection and juice from a machine.

Hotel staff was friendly at check-in, breakfast, and checkout. Did not interact with housekeeping. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool or fitness facilities.

Room was nice size, had a kitchen area with stove top, full fridge, sink, dishwasher. Would be great for longer stays. Room was clean and well maintained. Office/living room space always seemed a bit dark since there was no window to the exterior or hall. Rooms had ample enough sound so as not to be disturbed. Shower heads are kind of low, at 5'10 it was about at the top of my head.

St Matthews is a great area with food nearby on Shelbyville/Frankfort and a short drive to Bardstown Road.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face a line of trees. Even numbers face the parking lot and nearby car dealer. Rooms 2...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Roger_F39604, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, 25 February 2016
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the Louisville Farm Show. My husband's company is an exhibitor at the show, so their business always makes reservations at this hotel. The kids and I tagged along with my husband, so I didn't choose this hotel and we didn't have to pay for it.
We arrived at our hotel late after being at the farm show all day. The location is great because it's surrounded by almost every restraunt known to mankind. However, the hotel is hidden among a condo community so our navigation system couldn't pick up the exact location and we ended up driving circles around it for 15 min trying to figure out how to get into the parking lot. When we walked into our room I could tell at first glance that I was going to have to sanitize the entire place so my kids wouldn't put their little hands on the gross surfaces. There is a pullout sofa, galley kitchen, bathroom off the kitchen and a separate bedroom off the kitchen and bath. The room size was good for a family of 4, that's the only positive thing about our room. The toilet was beyond gross! There was poop all over the inside and outside if the toilet! Luckily I travel with disinfectant spray, because I had to scrub the entire bathroom. We didn't use any portion of the kitchen because there were greasy handprints all over the appliances. The carpet and tile floor were covered with the previous guests hair and lent. I came to the conclusion that our room could not possibly have been cleaned before our arrival. Just fresh towels and bedding (i hope). I spent an hour wiping every surface, I wouldn't let my kids sit on the furniture because it was stained and had crusty food stuck on every seat cushion (literally every seat). I think the prior guest must have had a toddler who walked around the room eating food and wiping their hands on EVERYTHING! I also think they might have used cloth diapers and cleaned the diapers in the toilet, that's the only conclusion I could come to for how all the poop ended up ALL OVER the toilet. We stayed our 2 nights and upon check out expressed our dissatisfaction for the cleanliness of the room. (I didn't complain when we checked in because it was late and I had already spent an hour cleaning it to my satisfaction) The front desk attendant was genuinely remorseful and said the hotel is known for their cleanliness. I wanted to believe her, but it was hard to based on the state of our room. Normally I would not tolerate a room in that condition, especially one that cost $139/night, but because of the farm show and no vacancies at any of the other hotels, we had to stay at the Hawthorn. Next year we will not be staying at
that location.

• Stayed February 2014
Roger_F39604, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Likesitclean,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay. We are very disappointed in the cleanliness issues you encountered. Please accept my apologies. As you can see from other reviews most of our guests find our hotel to be very clean so that is why this is so troubling. I would very much like to discuss your stay. Please call me at your convenience. I can be reached at 502-899-5959.

Best regards,

West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It was a hotel. Nothing too fancy stuck out to me. I did enjoy the idea of the social hour that they had the evening we arrived. We hadn't planned on it, so we didn't get to participate, but it was essentially free drinks and snacks (fruit and veggie trays). I did walk by during the event, and it didn't look very popular. But who can complain about free food? Breakfast was great, especially for being free.

We took our kids swimming in the hotel pool. We had the pool to ourselves, which was nice, but it most certainly is NOT a heated pool as is advertised. Luckily the hot tub was not to hot for the kids. They enjoyed that more.

The rooms were very spacious and very well equipped with things that we ended up needing that we didn't anticipate needing (like dishes). I just didn't like the fact that the shower head was level with my nose. I am only 5'11", so it wasn't too high.

Staff was great, and it was a nice hotel in a very beautiful location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family