“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“Great location”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Clean room - comfortable, quite and great location close to shopping and Valhalla Golf Course! Easy to get too - bartender was great! Easy access to interstates, plenty of restaurants nearby, loved the cocktail hour.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Clay C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are blessed with a great location, and Louisville is truly a great city for food. We hope to see you again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Beachwood, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We drove through four states on the way to this hotel. At the end of the trip we were delayed in traffic due to a terrible accident ahead of us on the highway. It meant so much to be greeted with a warm smile and a spacious, clean and quiet room. The staff is exceptional and there is excellent staff retention. How good it is to see familiar faces and to be greeted by name.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank MyOntheRoadAgain
Clay C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
WOW! Thank you for another great review. We love familiar faces as much as you do! It was our pleasure, as always. See you again soon.

Eagle Mountain
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'd love to start raving, but a little background first.... I grew up working in hotels. I have worked for Little America Hotels, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton so in short, I am highly critical of hotels. I watch even the smallest of details seeing if I can find the chinks in the armor. I have stayed 132 nights this year in hotels and have many more to go....I know hotels. So...what do I have to say about this one....Wow....just....wow. From walking in the front door the mats were clean, the floors were not scuffed up and looked brand new and the marble everywhere was very impressive. I love the white noise of a waterfall....they have one. Mike at the front desk was quick, knowlegeable and very professional, but lost points for not offering me my complimentary welcome gift (usually water or some snack)....until I got to the room where a basket of snacks met me as I walked in with a letter from the hotel general manager welcoming me to their hotel and notifying me of cold waters left in the room fridge for me upon my arrival! All is forgiven Mike. The room was clean, the carpets looked and felt new (I walk around barefoot in my hotel because I can...) sometimes I have to keep my shoes on because the carpets/floors are just nasty. Not here! The bathroom was clean...like, my kind of clean. Shower curtains were clean, towels were actually fluffy! The sheets were crisp like they had been freshly ironed and they had large pillows! (I hate the little square pillows most hotels have that are worthless for trying to sleep because my huge head falls off them....I usually just forgo a pillow BUT NOT TONIGHT!!) I slept in a bed that was firm and comfortable. I usually hop out of bed first thing in the morning to work out....NAH!....I slept in because it was comfortable. I woke up, went downstairs and the very nice cook (I don't have her name!) made me an omelet that tasted like it was real eggs and ham, not the usual egg goo with some processed ham substitute. This place is too good to be true. I mean it, if you have to stay in Louisville KY, this is the place you want to be. Close enough to the city (15-20 min drive) and St. Matthews mall is not far either. I highly recommend staying here. Clay, Danielle and Mike (front desk folks) are very helpful and willing to answer questions or assist with whatever you need.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the upper floors near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Aaron B
Verl W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your review! I love the enthusiasm! Your business is greatly appreciated, come back and see us!

Verl Wilder
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family stayed here one night. The hotel was very clean. The children slept in the large bedroom with the double beds. My husband and I were on the sleeper sofa which was very uncomfortable (which I expected). The pool was wonderful and the breakfast was outstanding. This is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your great review of our hotel. I love our suite setup, many families choose to utilize the spacious two room suite as you have. The door provides much appreciated privacy when traveling with family. We cannot wait to have the chance to serve you again.

Rochester, MN
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here with our caravan of 13 heading to Nashville, Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, and staff was courteous to us. I have to complement the breakfast cooks as they were very friendly and made us feel welcome at the complementary breakfast. Food was plentiful, hot and flavorful. Plan on staying here again on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I will pass along your kind words to our Breakfast Team, they work hard each morning to deliver the best breakfast in the city. We will see you again on your next trip.

Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family stayed here while we were on a driving vacation through Kentucky. We would have liked to stay in downtown Louisville, but the tripadvisor ratings and price for this hotel convinced us to give it a shot. We were not disappointed. It was about 15 minutes from downtown and near a lot of places to eat. The hotel itself was clean and had an excellent breakfast. The pool was also a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve N
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on the Embassy Suites Louisville East. We are glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Louisville.

United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was terrible and it smelled. Pool and Jacuzzi were nasty, I would not get in. No security. My car got damaged in parking lot in front of the door. I will never stay here again. I stayed at the drury in Columbus and it was great. I will go there from now on.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Steve J
Verl W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
WOW! This is not at all indicative of what we normally hear from our guests. I am sorry that your car was damaged in our parking lot. This is the first such incident is the two years that I have had the privilege of managing this wonderful hotel and fantastic staff.

Did you happen to mention the condition of your suite or the swimming pool to a staff member? All team members are trained to take care of such issues right away. I was at the hotel on both days of your stay and did not have either one of these issues was mentioned to me. I personally check the pool every day, I have never seen it look "nasty". There have been times when we've had to chemically re-balance the pool due to so much activity, but rarely does such a thing take place on a Monday or Tuesday evening.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have refunded one nights room charge and tax charge to try to make up for your inconvenience.

Verl Wilder