“Perfect hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Midlothian, Virginia
“Perfect hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Have stayed in several Embassy Suites, but this was the best by far! The hotel is immaculate and my husband and I were surprised when we found out it is 12 years old. It appears brand new! The fitness center had everything we needed and was well maintained. Our suite was immaculate and very comfortable. Happy hour was terrific and Monty, the bartender, was friendly and his service was spectacular! We ended up having dinner at the hotel, as there was a terrible storm and the food was very fresh! Breakfast in the morning was top notch with many, many choices. If I am in the area again, this is the only hotel I will stay at!!

1 Thank Denise Q
Clay C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Perfection is what we strive for! I am glad to hear you were well taken care of by our staff. If you love our suites now, just wait. We are set to begin room renovations in December, We think you will like the results! Hope to see you soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was expecting a budget, basic hotel. I knew it was a Hilton property, but I thought it was a step down in quality. I WAS SO WRONG.

What a surprise, to walk into a shiny, fancy property with loads of cool perks. It is a great hotel - especially for the price. The value is amazing and the location is great. It's a super safe and fancy area. We were greeted with free snacks and cocktails in the evening, when we checked in. They also have a free cooked to order breakfast.

The room - or actually a 2 room suite - was comfortable, clean, quiet and had everything we needed. The wi-fi was fast and the little kitchenette was nice, so we could have a "home cooked" lunch the next day. We are on month 2 of an almost 4 month national comedy tour, so we really look for places that are a stand-in for "home". That is not always accomplished but IT WAS HERE. It really did feel like home, only a fancier and more modern home than ours :-)

2 Thank TeresaWyckoff
It is always a pleasure to exceed someone's expectations. We work hard to be, as you said, "your home away from home". I rarely get to say this, but I am glad you were wrong about us. We hope to see you again soon.

Nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The facility is an extremely well maintained and beautiful. The staff is helpful and friendly. Definitely stop in and see Monty, Nick at the manager's reception and Diana for Breakfast. They will take care of everything. They did for me.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I will pass along your considerations to Monty, Nick, and Diana. They always have our guests needs in mind, and are glad to help you in any way they can. We look forward to seeing you again.

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

...from Courtney who assisted me in reserving our rooms, to the location, cleanliness, amenities and everything in between, this ES gets my highest referral for anyone to stay here. We had two rooms - 1 for our teenagers and one for us and we got exactly what we asked for. and to top it all off, we went to dinner 10 minutes away at J Alexander's...WOW! The best one two punch Louisville can throw in my book!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are so glad you enjoyed yourself. Your referral means so much to us, we cannot thank you enough. I am glad you and your family were able to experience our great city, and we are happy you chose to stay with us. Looking forward to your next stay!

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Clean room - comfortable, quite and great location close to shopping and Valhalla Golf Course! Easy to get too - bartender was great! Easy access to interstates, plenty of restaurants nearby, loved the cocktail hour.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are blessed with a great location, and Louisville is truly a great city for food. We hope to see you again soon.

Beachwood, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We drove through four states on the way to this hotel. At the end of the trip we were delayed in traffic due to a terrible accident ahead of us on the highway. It meant so much to be greeted with a warm smile and a spacious, clean and quiet room. The staff is exceptional and there is excellent staff retention. How good it is to see familiar faces and to be greeted by name.

1 Thank MyOntheRoadAgain
Clay C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
WOW! Thank you for another great review. We love familiar faces as much as you do! It was our pleasure, as always. See you again soon.

Eagle Mountain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'd love to start raving, but a little background first.... I grew up working in hotels. I have worked for Little America Hotels, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton so in short, I am highly critical of hotels. I watch even the smallest of details seeing if I can find the chinks in the armor. I have stayed 132 nights this year in hotels and have many more to go....I know hotels. So...what do I have to say about this one....Wow....just....wow. From walking in the front door the mats were clean, the floors were not scuffed up and looked brand new and the marble everywhere was very impressive. I love the white noise of a waterfall....they have one. Mike at the front desk was quick, knowlegeable and very professional, but lost points for not offering me my complimentary welcome gift (usually water or some snack)....until I got to the room where a basket of snacks met me as I walked in with a letter from the hotel general manager welcoming me to their hotel and notifying me of cold waters left in the room fridge for me upon my arrival! All is forgiven Mike. The room was clean, the carpets looked and felt new (I walk around barefoot in my hotel because I can...) sometimes I have to keep my shoes on because the carpets/floors are just nasty. Not here! The bathroom was clean...like, my kind of clean. Shower curtains were clean, towels were actually fluffy! The sheets were crisp like they had been freshly ironed and they had large pillows! (I hate the little square pillows most hotels have that are worthless for trying to sleep because my huge head falls off them....I usually just forgo a pillow BUT NOT TONIGHT!!) I slept in a bed that was firm and comfortable. I usually hop out of bed first thing in the morning to work out....NAH!....I slept in because it was comfortable. I woke up, went downstairs and the very nice cook (I don't have her name!) made me an omelet that tasted like it was real eggs and ham, not the usual egg goo with some processed ham substitute. This place is too good to be true. I mean it, if you have to stay in Louisville KY, this is the place you want to be. Close enough to the city (15-20 min drive) and St. Matthews mall is not far either. I highly recommend staying here. Clay, Danielle and Mike (front desk folks) are very helpful and willing to answer questions or assist with whatever you need.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the upper floors near the elevator.