“Wonderful Staff!”

Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Oxford, Ohio
“Wonderful Staff!”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I recently travelled to Louisville on a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip...no reservations, no plans, just "winging it." La Quinta Inn made the spontaneity of this trip not leave us without somewhere to sleep. They were so helpful when we arrived in the middle of the night and made accommodations easy to come by. The staff was genuinely friendly--at the front counter, servicing the continental breakfast, and maintaining the rooms. I really and truly do mean everyone was helpful and friendly there. I would honestly stay nowhere else in Louisville. Thanks again La Quinta! :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle S
0836gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
We would like to thank you for your kind words on your reveiw.
It is because of guest like yourself that we all enjoy taking such good care of our valued guest.
We would like to thank you for choosing the Airport & Expo La Quinta Inn & Suites and hop to have you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Pleasantly pleased with this particular LaQuinta ... eventho' it boarders the Louisville airport, the noise is very muted or not heard once inside. The desk gave us a good location of room on first floor, which we appreciated as we travel w/ our small dog. The breakfast outstanding and the young lady in charge was so gracious and helpful. Beds were extremely comfy. Would rec to anyone!

Room Tip: If your are traveling with a pet, you might request a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mimisusan
, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
I would like to thank you for sharing your valued opinion on TripAdvisor.com.

We really appreciate the kind reveiw you gave us. It is always nice to know our guests are satisfied with the service and cleanliness we so happily provide.

If you are ever in the area again, I would love to meet you in person. Please stop by and ask for me or if I can ever be of any assistance for any future lodging needs, please give me a call.

We are here for you,

Tennessee
Reviewed 6 October 2011

After reading good reviews about this hotel's service and facilities, we selected a stay there for a recent trip to visit the Waverly Hills Sanatorium for Halloween, and the Arts Festival. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, giving us directions and tips on getting around. The room was spotless and the bed was firm, but not hard, apparently fairly new. The temperature controls worked well, unlike the hotel some friends stayed in. There was a new refrigerator/freezer and a microwave in the room. We read the reviews about the local airport neighborhood, but the property is well lit and we felt very safe, even returning late at night. All was quiet.

This is obviously a well-managed property!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank giguy
, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 9 October 2011
I appreciate you choosing our award winning Airport & Expo La Quinta Inn & Suites. We work very hard on making our property the best value in Louisville with a strong concentration on excellent guest’s services and amenities. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recommend us and comment on our facility and staff. If and when you are back in Louisville please do not hesitate to ask for me as I look forward to meeting each of our guests personally as I want them to know I am their personal contact in Louisville, Ky for all of their lodging needs.
Warmest regards,

Dorchester, MA
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Room and beds were in excellent condition. Excellent Wifi and a very good continental breakfast. There was some early morning flights but I only vaguely noticed once. Maybe being on the backside was helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Even though this hotel did not work for me - I am rating it fairly, making note of WHO would love and who NOT love this place.

The first thing I care about in a hotel room is a very comfortable king bed. This was not what we are used to - becuase we usually stay at Comfort Inns or Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, or Courtyard by Marriott. (And we pay up to $40 more for it) There was no soft upper layer to sink into and it was pretty much one of the older harder beds that used to be offered in mid level hotels before the comfortable bed wars started. I admit I am spoiled and I do sleep on a Tempur-Pedic at home so I have a hard time transitioning to hard beds. I would say this was a supportive bed, it did not sag at all, and might be just fine for most people. Just not for picky people like me.

We were thrilled that the King bed with a pull out sofa actually came with a solid wall and door between the rooms. We've been on the road for days in the bed/sofabed combo and never had privacy - so it was a treat.

There were plenty of outlets in the rooms, including on both sides of the bed, so we were able to charge phones and plug in a c-pap machine by only unplugging one of the lamps.

The small kitchenette was a nice plus as well as having the two bathroom sinks separate from the shower commode area. On the down side - there was no active exhaust fan in that area, so after my husband used the "john" my daughter and I had to wait for a while to be able to use the area. The was a passive air return that was slow to clear his often fatal "air attacks".

Despite being so close to the airport, we only heard one airplane the whole night. But that one plane sounded like it was going down the street it was so loud. But the hotel is not part of a regular flight pattern.

Great points:
Location - right across the highway from the airport and the expo center.
Price - very affordable for what you get
Clean - Room and bathroom were immaculate
Rooms - are Large and many amenities for the price
Staff - Every single person who worked here from cleaning staff, to breakfast staff to front office were extremely friendly and helpful.
Pets - they allow dogs, and many other guests told me this is why they come.
Non Smoking - in the whole building.
Free Breakfast was your typical good selection of make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal-instant grits, danish - muffins - donuts-bagels, hard boiled eggs, juice, milk, coffee.

Cons -
Neighborhood - to the east looks rough. As we pulled up there was a broken glass window and I immediately switched my reservation from first floor to 2nd floor. By breakfast the next day it was being fixed.
Allergies -
I saw three Dogs during my overnight stay, they rode the elevators with me and barked at me in the hall. Not a problem if you aren't allergic.
Also, beautiful fresh cut flowers on the breakfast table - I love flowers too - but I'm allergic, so I was starting to get my symptoms.
We had a suite and both air conditioners clearly had mold growing one them, not much, but enough for me to notice the slightly musty smell.
They mostly use feather pillows, and staff has trouble finding three poly-fill pillows for us (we did check in late) but we were able to put a pillowcase on one of the square decorator pillows and that worked fine for our daughter.

I highly recommend this airport as a great deal for travelers, especially ones with pets. You get what you pay for and I think this place was a great deal.

Room Tip: I would avoid 1st floor rooms due to the neighborhood. End of the hall rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MyValricoCastle
, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
I would like to thank you for the fairness of your rating.

It was very kind that you were understanding of the fact that we are a pet friendly hotel. I am very sorry that you had to experience the dogs on the elevator as it is our policy that they are not allowed on the elevator. Unfortunately, as you know some people don't always follow the rules.

As for the broken glass, we had a couple from pennsylvania in house and they had an argument and the husband threw a water bottle at his wife and missed and hit the window. I just wanted you to know that the damage was caused by a guest and not from the neighborhood. I do realize we are not located in the middle of a ritzy area but in fact we are located in neighborhood of very neat, hard working blue collar people who do an excellent job of keeping up with what they have.

The owner has a plaque hanging in his office which has 2 comment cards on it from 2 different guest. Once card says " this is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on". The other says "the beds are way too firm". In the middle of both of the comment cards is the quote"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time". We believe in this industry that ta mattress is the most subjective thing we have.

As for the exhaust fans, we have a state of the art central exhaust system that is much more dependable than the individual exhaust fans you see in other rooms that always become very squeaky and irritating and we feel the central exhaust is much more comfortable for our guest.
Again, I would like to thank you for the fairness of your review and want to apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to us being pet friendly.

Warmest regards,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews we booked a night here on our way from Ohio to Texas. It's right off the highway near the airport. Quiet hotel, comfortable queen/queen combination at good price, and decent breakfast. What we like best, however, was the super friendly La Quinta staff! The fellow at our 12:30am check in was super friendly - and so was the breakfast and checkout team the next morning. How nice to be greeted like a friend! It's a lovely thing.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank samsmom2006
thankfulmomof3
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was a very nice and family friendly hotel! Very easy to find as well, which is always nice when one is coming from out of town! The parking lot was clean and there was plenty of parking and it had good lighting as well. The rooms were spacious and had nice decore. The outdoor pool was small, but perfect for my three children (ages 11, 7 and 6) and we had the pool all to ourselves. It was also nice because it was fenced in and only accessable with your room key. It was also nice because it was somewhat private with one side of it facing out to the hotel parking lot, another side of it facing the hotel and the backside had privacy trees on the other side of the fence. It would also be a really convienent hotel if you were flying into or out of Louisville, KY, as it is right near the airport.

They were also very accomodating, as we were traveling with my parents, so we were able to have adjoing rooms as well. I believe we were greeted by Adam at the front desk on the night of our arrival and he was very helpful. The breakfast the next day was also DELICIOUS and they had a great variety of items to choose from, which was wonderful for my children. Jewell the breakfast hostess was very pleasant and kept everything well stocked and the tables clean!

We were VERY impressed with our first stay at a La Quinta and when we travel again, we will be looking for another La Quinta to stay at. They also give AAA, Military and AARP discounts as well. We utilized the AAA discount!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family