“Clean new bldg good staff.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 9 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

After three attempts, David made everything right. It is the kind of service that we have come to expect at these resorts. I was a little overly fussy about our room due to having a pet, who was very happy with our end results. Well located with easy access to downtown and my favorite, church hill downs. Again, a nice gym and decent breakfast. Thanks again David.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed one night while traveling through Kentucky with our dog. This hotel is extremely pet, people, and budget friendly.
The room and public areas were all perfect, comfortable, and clean. Staff was friendly and attentive. The dog run just off the rear parking lot was pretty amazing. This was my first stay at a LaQuinta Inn and I will be looking for them wherever I travel in the future.
We (and the dog) walked across the street to a really good middle-eastern restaurant. They have an outside patio, so we all enjoyed our dinner.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Ratings are deceiving.

First this warning. If traveling with a family DO NOT STAY HERE. Not in the best part of Louisville and not very convenient to get to. I live near and travel in a tough part of the City of Milwaukee, so I know a tough area when I see it.

This place has an overall rating over 4. That rating has to be from people simply traveling from the airport to the hotel and than to a business arrangement the next morning.The hotel itself is OK. Our room wasn't fully cleaned and one of the beds was broke. Party in the parking lot.

Based on the entire stay experience, this hotel is a 2. If in the Louisville area I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: For the money try to find something else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
0836gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Gman8321,

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us and were very disappointed to hear that you felt the neighborhood was unsafe for you and your family.

This is a nice blue collar neighborhood where the people take care of their properties with pride the best they can. There is also a very low crime rate in this area, despite what you think. There are a number of our employees who live in this neighborhood and the owners of the hotel own multiple properties around here as well.

We do not have problems with crime in the area, nor have any of our other guests complained of feeling unsafe here.

I also see you mentioned there was a problem with your room not being cleaned properly. I sincerely wish you would have let us know of the issue you had regardless of how big or small it may have been as we always welcome any and all feedback from our guests.
If you would be so kind as to contact me and give me some more insight as to what was less than satisfactory with your room, this would be very helpful in insuring this does not happen again in the future to you or any of our other valued guests.

I would appreciate it very much if you could elaborate a little more on what was less than satisfactory with your stay and let us know what we could have done to have a received a “10” from you on your stay. Please don’t hesitate to call me at 502-368-0007 or email me at lq0836gm@lq.com.

I would also like to invite you back again to be our guests and allow us the opportunity to try and become your favorite hotel when visiting Louisville.

Here For You,

Terri Smith
Airport & Expo La Quinta Inn & Suites

Reviewed 21 October 2013

As we travel with our Golden Retriever, we are constantly on the lookout for dog friendly hotels. The La Quinta Louisville Airport tops the list. From the bag of welcome treats at check in to the secure dog run with owner seating behind the hotel, this is the best hotel we have seen for pets and owners. The rooms are bright, clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is delivery to the hotel from local restaurants which is varied and reasonable. Patience with your GPS as you locate the hotel, it will be there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here for the third time for a demo show that we attend when it occurs every other year. Each time for the setup we have stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites and each time we are treated with great care and respect. Not only that, but it is always nice to come back to a room that you know is clean and not just a change of towels and/or sheets. Breakfast in the morning was nice and there was always a helpful person who would help you with the waffle machine if you needed help with it. Checking In and Out has was also quite quick.

Room Tip: Though I did not use it, there is a nice workout room with a few different machines that were always...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had a one night stay at LaQuinta while visiting my son at Univ of Louisville. My hotel selection was based upon Trip Advisor's reviews and recommendations (#4 out of 96 hotels in Louisville). The hotel was nice and clean, the atmosphere was pleasant, and the staff was friendly. The room was spacious, and I liked the setup, especially with the refrigerator, microwave, and wet bar area. The bathroom area was a little snug, but given the cleanliness and location (very convenient), as well as the price, definitely worth the stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple