“Still a great hotel!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here about a year ago and recently stayed there again. Everything is still great! The service is wonderful, employees are friendly, rooms are clean and a nice size, breakfast is good and they are pet friendly! Our room had a microwave and a nice sized refrigerator. It also had a bar area with a sink. The room is a nice size and the beds are very comfy! There is an exercise room that has the basic equipment. They also have laundry facilities. There is a nice area in the back for walking your dog. They are very welcoming to the pets. Although it is pet friendly there were no signs of previous pets in our room. Everything was clean and smelled clean and fresh. Jewel was in charge of the breakfast area and she is the best! The food never ran out, it tasted delicious and she was helpful and friendly. She is a true asset to La Quinta! The hotel is about 4 miles from University of Louisville's campus. We stayed there while moving our son in. We look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room if you have a pet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Indymom1

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel because we have a cat and it is pet friendly. I was very pleasantly surprised by the room when I first walked in. I believe you get way more than what you pay for. We especially loved the free breakfast and exercise room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Did not know quite what to expect when I booked this room using my reward points. It was 15K, the highest tier and was in Kentucky. I have never been more impressed. I walk in to the lobby with warm cookies in the dining area. I have been staying at LQ hotels for many years and have never got coookies upon arrivial. Entered the room and it was so clean and updated. On the desk was a thank you bag from the hotel with 2 bottels of water, crackers, cookies and candy. Another 1st!! The employee was helpful and friendly. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. They really make their guests feel appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here so we could be close to the airport for our son's early morning flight. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service driver (5:30am!!) was very friendly and even stayed so we could say goodbye inside and come back out to her waiting. She was excellent. I would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Don't trust your reservation confirmation. We reserved a room here in August for a weekend stay the last weekend in October. We did this based on the reviews we read on Trip Advisor. We reserved on line and got a confirmation number. About two weeks before our trip we got a call from a hotel of lesser ratings near the La Quinta that claimed the La Quinta overbooked and passed our reservation information to them. We called La Quinta's management to ask about this and were told to leave a message on the voice mail. They never returned our call. A couple days later we received a letter in the mail that said due to circumstances beyond their control a contract with a previous manager over 6 years ago for the FFA Convention was signed. We were in town for a small convention but not part of FFA. The letter was dated Oct 12th but never mailed until Oct 19th. Why did it take this hotel over two months to notify us and why was anyone allowed to book this on line if a contract existed? The letter came with a coupon for a free night to be used at another time at this hotel. Why would I want to make a reservation at a hotel that already bumped me once? We found out from another couple that attended our convention that the exact same thing happened to them. I'd call this bait and switch. We called the main number of La Quinta to report this. They claimed to take care of this problem according to their e-mail. I certainly didn't receive extra points to my account or anything to show for use at another location. Apparently the main headquarters of La Quinta doesn't care to satisfy their customers. Take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
0836gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

I would like to personally apologize again for the problem you experienced with the
Airport & Expo La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville, Ky and your reservation you had
during the FFA Convention.

I completely understand your being upset. We tried to handle this situation in the very
best possible manner. I am the one that sent the letter to you. I took your letter along
with the other letters for the other guests we had to find other lodging arrangements for
to the post office myself and handed all of them to the postmaster personally on Oct 13,
2013.

You are unfortunately, the only one that I have been made aware of that did not receive
their letter and certificate in a timely manner. I am very sorry for the delay in you
receiving your letter.

I did personally return all of the phone calls of guests who left messages on my voicemail
regarding the situation at hand.

I have just spoken to our customer service department to confirm that you have 15,000
points placed back into your account to use at a property of your choice. The certificate
numbers were as follows: 54093670956 for 5000 points, 51284879819 for 5000 points
and 52145617510 for 5000 points.

I am not sure if you are aware of the magnitude of this convention, but there were 65,000
people in the city for this event which required almost 17,000 hotel rooms. There are only
about 11,000 rooms in the city of Louisville which meant there were over 6,000 rooms
that had to be placed within a 75 mile radius outside of Louisville.

I feel like we went above and beyond by locating and reserving for you a hotel room just
outside of Gate 6 of the Expo Center where the convention was held. There were other
hotels in the area that were overbooked and cancelled their rooms. Most of them did not
try to find alternate accommodations for them, they were just turned away with no where
to go.

I can assure you we have learned a very hard lesson that I can promise you will never
happen again, at least not under my watch.

We would still like to offer you a free night stay with us for you to see that our guests are
our main concern and that when staying with us are always made to feel at home and
treated like a part of our family.

Here For You,

Terri Smith

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is an old hotel, across from a very active airport. The gym consist of two treadmills and 1 recumbent bike, so close they almost touch. Staff is awesome, very nice, surrounded by ghetto's and airplanes.....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kennethm824
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here for past 3 years and will be coming back. Getting a bit aged, but still good value for the money. Good location close to convention center and airport. Quick drive into downtown Louisville.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business