“No problems, but a little pricey”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #16 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Conyers, Georgia
“No problems, but a little pricey”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was an overnight stay on the way to Chicago. The hotel was clean, there were no problems, but the price that was slightly above $100 is too much for this type of facility. However, it was probably the best choice in that area.

1 Thank kentucky1937

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had I known this hotel was so pet friendly, I personally may have chosen to skip this hotel.
SO glad I didn't!

I booked a room by calling the hotel directly and IMMEDIATELY experienced the
"Southern Hospitality" extended by the General Manager, Terri! She and her staff
made sure we felt welcomed as we drove to Louisville to accompany our kids to their
Freshman Orientation at Univ of Louisville.

The lobby and our room/bed were VERY CLEAN, a MUST in my book.
The surrounding area and the hotel itself felt VERY SAFE, another MUST for me.
My FAVORITE part was the service and friendliness of the staff members.
As we approached the front desk on arrival, the gentleman in the office literally
JUMPED out of his seat to come help us. I even commented on his responsiveness at the time.

The room was a tad "worn".... the chair at the desk in the room was frayed and the door frame in the bathroom was somewhat rusty. However, the cleanliness made up for it. Spotless!
And there was NO indication to me that this hotel accommodated pets. Perhaps they have designated rooms for guests who bring their 4 legged friends?

The bed was comfy. There was a mini-fridge (not stocked) in the room. And I, too, liked that the sink was outside the bathroom so that I could brush my teeth and blow dry my hair while others showered.

Breakfast was not fancy but was amply stocked .... eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, danishes, coffee, juice, and make-your-own-waffles. Breakfast was served until 10am and check out wasn't until Noon .... great extended hours in comparison with other hotels!

Since I plan on visiting U of L's campus every now and then over the next 4 years, I personally would rather save $50-$60/night for a very clean/safe room and deal with a frayed chair at this LaQuinta than pay the higher price at a more upscale hotel.

THANKS, Terri, for your Southern Hospitality on my first but definitely not last visit to your hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stay at La Quintas since they're all pet friendly and we almost always have our dogs with us. We enjoy the comfy beds, great pillows, and the breakfast buffet with hot foods is always welcome when on the road. Not fancy, but but clean and well cared for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Hendersonville, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel continued my streak of good stays at LaQuinta Inns with pets. This one even has a nice dog run area behind the hotel. This chain is obviously not meant as ultra-luxury, so don't expect a concierge or a high end restaurant, but you can expect reliable friendly service, well maintained amenities (in this case a great workout area as well), clean rooms, and most importantly to us, pet friendliness. When travelling with our dogs, LaQuinta is usually the first place we look.

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We came to Louisville to check out the new Kentucky Kingdom. The hotel had a free shuttle to the park which saved us $8 on parking! I chose the hotel based on location and boy was I impressed with what I found there. All of the employees we encountered were very pleasant and friendly. Our room was very large, clean, and new looking. The bathroom sink was outside of the bathroom, which I really like - someone can be showering or using the toilet and the other person can get ready at the sink. It even had a wet bar - sink, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The breakfast was nice, they had make your own waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, and more. The hotel was an excellent value and I would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Nicole T
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Outstanding service was provided to guests. This includes the continental breakfast, room service, front desk, computer access, comfort, and cleanliness. The manager and staff were professional, courteous, and went beyond my expectation in ensuring that my needs were met.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Felicity, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here because it was close to the Expo Center where our granddaughters were in an Archery Tournament. They are a pet friendly hotel and the staff was wonderful. Our grandchildren enjoyed the inside pool! Will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have pets - this is the place to stay!