“This Place Rocks!”

Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Lexington, KY
“This Place Rocks!”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

My flight was cancelled and I needed a place to stay for the night that was close to the airport and had a free shuttle, and this was the first place I found. The price was right, and they were curbside to pick me up less than 10 minutes from the time I called! The van driver told me where I could get some grub late in the evening, and even offered to drive me there.
When I checked in, Dave at the front desk was very helpful, and even upgraded me to a King suite at no extra charge. I opted to buy a microwave meal from their pantry store instead of going out to eat since it was so late. What a convenience! I stopped in the business center to email my boss and tell him I'd be late tomorrow since my flight was cancelled. My room was comfortable, and very spacious. Since I didn't have my luggage, I was pleased to find a full size ironing board in the room!
In the morning, I was also very impressed with the excellent breakfast! Waffles, pastries, cereal, coffee, and fresh fruit were on the table, even at 6 am when I was heading out for my flight!
If I ever find myself back in Louisville, I would definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1aes, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 1 July 2010
Thanks for your concise review of our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Louisville. I appreciate the mention of such amenities and services as our airport shuttle, guest pantry, business center, ironing board, and even the breakfast-bar right down to the waffles, GOOD JOB, and thanks again for choosing our LaQuinta, come again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Greatly exceeded our expectations. The surrounding area is business district that has seen better days. We were wary, but this place was great. Large rooms, with very nice wet bar accomdations in the room. Comfortable beds. The entire hotel was clean.They allow pets at no extra charge. Above ave. continental breakfast with hb eggs and waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal. All staff members were friendly. Very close to the convention center, which is why we chose it, but I'd go there again if just visiting Louisville.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to post your review of our "Award Winning" Airport & Expo LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Louisville. It's wonderful to hear that we overdelivered on your expectations, and that you would choose to stay here again, even if not on business. The fact that you will recommend us to a friend says a lot also, thanks again.
Arkansas
Reviewed 18 September 2009

This hotel is in a perfect location - right off the interstate and very near the convention center. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, the rooms are spacious and clean and the amenities are great. Each room has a generous wet bar including many cabinets and an ample countertop and a separate bathroom vanity and toilet/bathtub room. The morning breakfast is definitely above average -- and a special A ONE rating to Vicki who maintains the breakfast area. She was SPECTACULAR!! La Quinta, you better keep her around for a long time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Nice comfortable and clean! Indoor pool and decent breakfast selection. The only issue we had was that there was a girls softball tournament going on and rowdy young girls running up and down the halls at night, knocking on different doors and running away. Totally not the staff's fault. I called the front desk and they assured me they would speak to the parents immediately. Within five minutes there was total quiet. Had two wake up calls early in the morning which I did not put in for...my guess is the softball team again. Staff apologized profusely. Great place to stay as long as there isn't an entire rowdy baseball team staying there as well.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
lq0836gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 17 August 2009
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I would like to apologize again for your experience with one of the team groups that we had in house during your stay. We always try to be considerate of the other guests in our hotel when allowing large groups to stay with us. Usually, larger groups are well behaved and pose no disturbances to the other guests staying in the hotel. I hope that the problems you experienced won't deter you from staying with us the next time you are in Louisville! We continually strive to maintain our high marks in customer service and live by our motto 'cleanliness and friendliness'. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Airport & Expo La Quinta Inn & Suites Staff
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Overall we had an excellent stay. Met my sister here so she could take our kids for two weeks. We were just looking for a nice place to stay and for the most part this exceeded our expectations.

Pros:
-outstanding location (close to downtown, airport, 5 min from six flags)
-great staff (provided extra pillows and blankets when asked)
-good breakfast (great waffles plus regular continental breakfast items)
-clean room
-refrigerator, microwave, bar area in room

We got the best service I have ever had by this very sweet lady that works breakfast in the morning. Her name is Vickie. She was so quick to help the elderly and small children. Just genuinely nice and kind - you are lucky to have her La Quinta!

Cons:
-VERY firm bed
-no breakfast sandwiches or meat at breakfast
-no couch in 'suite' room

Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
orlando, FL
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I must say this was an excellent stay!! The staff went out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms and Hotel in general were in excellent shape and extremely clean. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling for buisness or leisure. Trust me, you wont be dissapointed!!! I will deffinately be back again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Pekin, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Very clean, excellent staff, helpful front desk. We will definitely be here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family