“room was real small. had bad odor upon check in.(we carry...”

Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport
Ranked #77 of 95 Hotels in Louisville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Southeast
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were only there one night and needed to leave very early for the airport. The young lady (sorry I didn't catch her name) at the desk on the evening shift when we checked in was extremely helpful. She suggested we use the motel's long term parking area and shuttle to the airport. We were really glad we did this. Steffen helped us park our car and drove us to the airport and deposited us exactly at our airline's luggage check in. He was friendly and efficient. We were glad to see he was also the one to pick us up when we arrived back a week later. We called from the airport and he was there almost immediately. He handled our luggage with care. Steffen is a great asset to this motel.
The room was clean and comfortable. Although the motel is near the airport, noise was not a prolblem. We may not have been there long but we had no complaints. We will gladly choose to use this motel again, especially with the airport shuttle convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Howard Johnson Express for the Forecastle Festival July 11-14, 2013. I was solo so I didn't want to spend $100+ night, so I booked this hotel for $55/night. Also, since I booked 3 nights, they automatically discounted it 20%! So I basically paid $44/night. I booked through the hotels website, but pretty sure I found this hotel through Kayak.com

Anyway, the room itself was nice. The bed was comfy. TV and Internet worked fine. From what I remember the room was quiet as well. Shower water was hot and the soap dispenser was nice.

The only thing that I noticed was the main/common areas were kind of run down... and had a musty smell. You could tell that some of the rooms were smoking rooms by being in the hallway, however, my room did not smell and was perfect for what I needed it for. My friend stayed with me for the last night, and I warned her about the musty smell, but she was pleasantly surprised with the room as well.

All in all, if you are going to Louisville and don't need anything fancy, I'd definitely recommend this hotel! It's a great deal!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Madison, Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is my second time staying at this location. The inside is rather dated and the carpets could be cleaner. However, the location, friendly staff, and stay and park benefits truly outweigh the negatives. Our room was freshly painted and clean. Don't expect to pay $75/night and stay in a high-end room. If you plan on flying out of SDF and parking your car at the airport for any length of time check this place out!

Room Tip: You are close to the airport so expect to hear the airplanes in the distance. This did not interfere...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The best thing about this hotel is: cost, proximity to KY Expo Center and the firmness of the bed. Staff are nice, but not friendly. Breakfast: toast/ danish/ cereal/ apples & bananas/ coffee /juice - however, fruit is not always available and coffee gave out quickly. When you stepped off the elevator, the heat from the hallway could knock you over. Carpeting in hallway was very dirty. Hairdryer "on" button would not stay on. I had to hold it down (this is on the wall) while trying to brush & dry my hair one-handed. We stayed 4 nights of which only 3 was the room cleaned for us. Towels were thread bare. Appears the owners want to do very little with the property in order to save money.

Room Tip: Most of the 3rd floor rooms had issues with them. Tried several before getting stuck in 310. Howev...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business