Howard Johnson Express Inn/Airport
US$180
  • Pool
US$161
US$148
All reviewscomfortable roompleasant stayexcellent locationmotelexpointerstate
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel I went last December as part of my business trip to a private trade show right behind the hotel (KY Expo/State Fairgrounds/Six Flags Theme Park). I originally ordered to stay 4 nights but my business partner could not attend due to a situation back home so I went alone and cut the trip a little shorter because of the cost. They refused to refund 2 extra nights and I checked out that morning and it was ok however, I did not get money back. Stupid. They say it was one of the travel website. I did not want to bother and take that as a loss and write off.

They were hard to understand because of their nationality background (Indian[Asian]) and I am Deaf. So, communication was way difficult than I had with any other hotels I stayed during my trip.

The room was fantastic! Nice, beautiful, updated however they had the beds way up too high!! I had to jump up to bed (I am 5' 2.5") and they should lower a little bit. I think mattress was way too thick.

The breakfast they serve in morning was good. Plenty to offer. I saved some for lunch such as fruits to eat.. I enjoyed my business trip to the trade show. Will I get back to this one? Likely not because of communication and I see other really nicer ones right next to them or cross the street (about 5 hotels on that street right by each other at the corner of where the state fair main entrance is). Other hotels were pretty booked and most came from the show where I went. So, I am going to go where they are so I can enjoy evenings with my other professional friends.

The HJ had very few people staying and about 2 of them were at the show. Not much of a good interaction there.

Room very neat and clean. Problem was the captioning set up. It was hard to set up captioning for the Hearing Impaired. Needs to get updated TV though.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the North side of the hotel to face the six flags park and the other hotel behind it instead of facing where the airport is. I seen how nice the north side scenery from my 3rd floor room was.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My overall stay at this particular hotel was great. I thought my room could have used a microwave and a small refrigerator.