“Totally pleasant surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Totally pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have to admit....I have a bias towards IHG and Marriott brands for business travel, so when my traveling companions selected the Hilton Garden Inn at the Louisville Airport as the hotel for all of us to stay at while on a quick business trip, I was a bit dismayed. That changed quickly when I got to the Louisville Airport and called the front desk to ask that they send the shuttle to gather me and take me to the hotel. I was greeted very professionally and with enthusiasm by Dan at the front desk as well as the driver of the shuttle. Both were very friendly and pleasant and this treatment continued when I got to the front desk to check in. I could go on and on about how nice an experience it was getting into my room, but my rating should demonstrate that.

Once in my room, I was surprised again. Everything was clean, in its place and in good condition.
My room was comfortable and met all of my pre-checkin criteria. Love it when that happens!

The surprise continued when I went to breakfast at the hotel and encountered the same professional, friendly, welcoming attitude by all the good folks there.

I can say that the next time I'm in Louisville on business or for pleasure, this hotel will be high on my list if not in 1st place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bud V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest. First I want to thank you for staying with us as we do truly appreciate your business. I can't thank you enough for the nice comments that you took time to write about regarding our hotel but especially our staff. They do try very hard and it just great when guests such as yourself share their experience. I will be posting your comments for all our staff to see.
Again, Thank you and Best Regards

Bud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice, pleasant place to stay, right near SDF. The young lady Rachel that checked me in is a gem. Very polite and professional, as well an funny and welcoming. My concern was some sort of manager named Brian. He's quite rude and standoffish. Huffs and puffs and shakes his head. He shouldn't be part of hospitality

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear ITravelWeekly ( a valued geust);
I have to personally apologize to your regarding what appeares to be rude behavior by one of my managers. I am truly very sorry. This is unacceptable as this is not how we opearate our hotel and a bit embarrasing. Thank you for your kind comments on Rachel. She really is a gem.
I am not certian if you will read this or not but if by chance you do I would sincery appreciate it if you would take the time to call me. I have two Brian's as managers and want to make sure I am councelling the correct one. My direct line at the hotel is 502/318-2340.
Again, my sincerest apologies. I do hope we have the opportunity to talk or to meet.

Bud
Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great Staff here at this hotel. Nice friendly smiling faces at check in, clean rooms (including bathroom) and great staff in the restaurant and bar. Very close to the airport and not far from downtown either so will definitely stay here again.

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The staff was absolutely wonderful - detail oriented, warm/friendly, caring, & just a pleasure to speak with. Dan (Supervisor) & Mr. Nate (AM shift - front desk) has been EXTRAORDINARY in how they accomodate guests & quite diligent in making sure all is well.
Breakfast, on the other hand, is WONDERFUL!!!!! I truly don't think Mr.Marcus (cook in the Kitchen) gets the utmost respect that he truly deserves, Attentive to the needs of the guests, genuine in his mannerisms, and awesome with the cooking, He is a blessing. "He puts HIS foot all in the meals!!!!" :-) Just excellent!! Truth is - staying there for months at a time, we always knew when Marcus was not the one doing the cooking because the quality was just not the same.
All in all, if your desire is comfort away from home, great meals (cooked to your liking), and hospitality that's pleasing, HGI at the Louisville Airport is the way to go.
THE STAFF AND THE ATMOSPHERE ARE SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!
Your Home Away From Home.......

Ooltewah, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The staff was excellent and the property was one of the cleanest I have stayed in. We had a graet night's sleep and woke to smiling faces in the lobby. You don't always get this level of service when you are traveling. If you find yourself in the area please stay with this Hilton you wont be sorry.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bud V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Stephanie, first I want to thank you for staying with us as we all appreciate your business. Thank you very much for the compliments as the team really does love what we do and our guests we do it for. I will share your comments with everyone today.

Best Regards,
Bud Vivion, GM
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Greatly enjoyed the service provided by staff and cook. The table service was provide by two wonderful ladies Leza and Kaneta. The day was busy and they did a wonderdful job keeping everyone attended to. They were very helpful and pleasent to start my day. I hope to see them again on my next stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The HIlton Garden Inn/Louisville provided THE best hotel experience I have had in many years! Quick check in, recognized as Hilton Honors Member, Room service spectacular, and the shuttle driver/service was awesome for a 4:30am trip to the airport! Overall, I rate this hotel and my experience a 10!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn