“great service/ friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #10 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I travel weekly for work and it is always nice to find a hotel with friendly staff and are genuine and remember you.
All the staff is great , but Donielle and Domingo stand out.
They are always welcoming and friendly
This is a great business hotel that is comfortable.
RHK

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The room was fine but not cleaned well. A K-cup from whomever had stayed in the room previously was still in the machine. There was no bath mat in the bathroom for the floor so a towel had to be used instead. As a Hilton Gold Card member I have stayed in several of the various Hilton chain of hotels and found this particular location to be below that of a Doubletree. The breakfast bar was cold and short of food. It was so bad I said something and they did comp the breakfast. They also were short staffed in the morning and the waitress kept bringing the people at my table other people's food. I had to go hunting at other tables for a spoon to stir my coffee. Not impressed with the food service at all. The room was comfortable, but not cleaned properly and there was vandalism, including swear words and graphic pictures drawn on the back of the customer information folder booklet's pages which appeared to be quite old. The location is easy to get to and the counter staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Everything was great during our stay. The check-in/out process, staff, room, cleanliness, service - everything was wonderful! Also, the location of the hotel is very convenient. I would definitely recommend the hotel and will be staying there again should I visit Louisville.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have to admit....I have a bias towards IHG and Marriott brands for business travel, so when my traveling companions selected the Hilton Garden Inn at the Louisville Airport as the hotel for all of us to stay at while on a quick business trip, I was a bit dismayed. That changed quickly when I got to the Louisville Airport and called the front desk to ask that they send the shuttle to gather me and take me to the hotel. I was greeted very professionally and with enthusiasm by Dan at the front desk as well as the driver of the shuttle. Both were very friendly and pleasant and this treatment continued when I got to the front desk to check in. I could go on and on about how nice an experience it was getting into my room, but my rating should demonstrate that.

Once in my room, I was surprised again. Everything was clean, in its place and in good condition.
My room was comfortable and met all of my pre-checkin criteria. Love it when that happens!

The surprise continued when I went to breakfast at the hotel and encountered the same professional, friendly, welcoming attitude by all the good folks there.

I can say that the next time I'm in Louisville on business or for pleasure, this hotel will be high on my list if not in 1st place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bud V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest. First I want to thank you for staying with us as we do truly appreciate your business. I can't thank you enough for the nice comments that you took time to write about regarding our hotel but especially our staff. They do try very hard and it just great when guests such as yourself share their experience. I will be posting your comments for all our staff to see.
Again, Thank you and Best Regards

Bud

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice, pleasant place to stay, right near SDF. The young lady Rachel that checked me in is a gem. Very polite and professional, as well an funny and welcoming. My concern was some sort of manager named Brian. He's quite rude and standoffish. Huffs and puffs and shakes his head. He shouldn't be part of hospitality

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear ITravelWeekly ( a valued geust);
I have to personally apologize to your regarding what appeares to be rude behavior by one of my managers. I am truly very sorry. This is unacceptable as this is not how we opearate our hotel and a bit embarrasing. Thank you for your kind comments on Rachel. She really is a gem.
I am not certian if you will read this or not but if by chance you do I would sincery appreciate it if you would take the time to call me. I have two Brian's as managers and want to make sure I am councelling the correct one. My direct line at the hotel is 502/318-2340.
Again, my sincerest apologies. I do hope we have the opportunity to talk or to meet.

Bud

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great Staff here at this hotel. Nice friendly smiling faces at check in, clean rooms (including bathroom) and great staff in the restaurant and bar. Very close to the airport and not far from downtown either so will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The staff was absolutely wonderful - detail oriented, warm/friendly, caring, & just a pleasure to speak with. Dan (Supervisor) & Mr. Nate (AM shift - front desk) has been EXTRAORDINARY in how they accomodate guests & quite diligent in making sure all is well.
Breakfast, on the other hand, is WONDERFUL!!!!! I truly don't think Mr.Marcus (cook in the Kitchen) gets the utmost respect that he truly deserves, Attentive to the needs of the guests, genuine in his mannerisms, and awesome with the cooking, He is a blessing. "He puts HIS foot all in the meals!!!!" :-) Just excellent!! Truth is - staying there for months at a time, we always knew when Marcus was not the one doing the cooking because the quality was just not the same.
All in all, if your desire is comfort away from home, great meals (cooked to your liking), and hospitality that's pleasing, HGI at the Louisville Airport is the way to go.
THE STAFF AND THE ATMOSPHERE ARE SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!
Your Home Away From Home.......