“Never coming back”

Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport
Ranked #41 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 17 April 2012

They messed up our room while giving our friend a room filled with ants all over the floor. When we first arrived they couldn't give us a cart because they lost all four of them. They didn't have any clean towels to give anybody at 6:30am. And the lady at the front desk ate all of the complimentary cookies. The breakfast was not pleasing. The people working at the desk are not friendly. Being a frequent traveler this has been one of the worst experiences.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hbshipley
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I normally like staying at a Country Inn and Suites. However, there is something strange and peculiar about this property. I am thinking it is in the middle of changing over to another chain hotel and so, they really are not keeping it up to normal standards. It's very stark and "cold" feeling - old TV in the room, floral bedspeads ---- just did not feel that warm and fuzzy feeling when walking through the front door. Cracker Barrel right across the street so that was good for a light dinner. Close to the airport (five minutes) - but I think there are much better places to stay. Maybe after the remodeling is finished and new name, it will be back up to hotel standards.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I love Country Inn and Suites and usually seek them out when I'm traveling; however, this one does not seem up to par with others. It wasn't terrible, but... we didn't sleep comfortably, the pillows were pancake flat (we had to go get extras from the front desk and it didn't help), the bedding was old and ragged and the sheets were paper thin, and the room was not nearly as clean as most Country Inns that I've been to.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sali_Bloo
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We just stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, by Carlson, Louisville Airport. I had stayed there earlier in the year with a girlfriend, but my husband and I were in town this time for a convention for the weekend.

I guess they may be doing some remodeling, as our room had no woodwork around the floor and several mirrors were missing from the walls, such as no full-length mirror, which is very inconvenient for we women. The room was pretty clean, but very sparse as far as decorations. It appeared they may have laid new wood-like flooring in the king-bed suite we stayed in. For $170 for a room at Country Inn & Suites, I didn't think we got our money's worth.

The a/c worked well, but was very loud. They still haven't upgraded tv's yet, so no flat screens. The room did have a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was small, but adequate. The shower was not the best I have ever had in a hotel, and the water was hard.

They do have a hot breakfast, nothing to write home about, but still better than most. There is a Cracker Barrel just about a half block from the hotel, a very easy walk to get to. There is an Arby's right next door, and the Cardinal Cafe just across the street. The Cracker Barrel and the Cardinal Cafe (a nice sports bar) both have very good food.

The hotel is extremely conveniently located to the Kentucky Expo Center and Freedom Hall, and the hotel does provide a shuttle service to most events located at the center.

Even though I have stayed at better Country Inns, this one was okay, and I would probably stay there again if I needed to attend an event at the Expo Center. This is a real plus, as parking at the Expo Center is usually $10, and it's a hassle! Park your car at the hotel and allow them to shuttle you, it is so nice and convenient!

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother getting a king suite, the standard room is just as good, almost as roomy, and...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rpmaster2
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Great location for the convention we attended. Easy access to I-65 (just about a block away). I was concerned about airplane noise because we were so close to the airport, but really never heard any except a couple times in the morning while we were getting dressed. The staff shuttled us back and forth to the Convention Center anytime we called. They had warm cookies waiting for us as we came in from a long day and the coffee pot had fresh coffee all day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good, even though we didn't have any meat on the buffet 2 of the 4 days we were there. The rooms were large and clean and had everything we needed. My wife liked having the coffee maker in the room and I liked having the fridge. Will definitely stay next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the convention center....nice sunrise. The other side looks onto another hotel and...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Let me start out by saying that it was hard to find any 3 star or better hotel with decent ratings in this area so this still may be your best bet. I would stay there again but beware if you are used to Country Inn's that it won't be quite what you are used to.

First of all as a plus they did have two people at the desk when we checked in which was nice. We've stayed in the last year at least 4 times at Country Inn's in various locations and usually there is only one and sometimes a line. Check in was fast and pleasant.

The rooms, hall etc... are dated. They are using the older style floral type "bed spread" rather than the newer puffy looking comforter type. The curtains had paint on them and the walls had several worn spots. There carpet had various stains. It is obviously time for an upgrade. Oh, and there was black mold in the corner of shower.

If you can overlook those things we did find that we slept well. Beds were comfy and after 10-11 we heard no noises in the room.

The breakfast the next morning was again not up to what we'd seen at other Country Inn and suites. They did not have flavored creamer which every Country Inn I've stayed at up to this point has had. I know that may seem picky but part of the reason I chose to go with Country Inn is that I know what to expect. They also didn't have the fresh bowl of fruit that we'd had just last weekend while staying at one near Akron. I will say that not all of them we've stayed at had that but just saying it wasn't the best.

It was adequate but if I could find something else close by with good ratings/good price I'd give it a shot first. We did end up using our points to buy this one cheaper, for some reason across the board I found all the hotels in this area to be high.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tlpgina
Reviewed 2 June 2011

There is a real feel of neglect here...it has a dated feel from the 1990s..ah that is shabby without the chic. The rooms have not been looked at for a while...switch plates missing...chipped paint and furniture...bed spreads that even your granny gave to Goodwill by now...yuck. drive past this one and look for better value and stay elsewhere. It is located so close to the UPS planes that you will hear them all nite...not the hotel's fault but be aware. management needs to take a hard look at this hotel and update, update, update. Big honker tvs have to go also. High speed internet is good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business