“Would stay here again”

Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff was friendly. When I travel I prefer a hotel that offers a free breakfast, which this hotel does NOT have. I was traveling with a family member who needed a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which is why we decided on this hotel. The room was very comfortable. The hotel does offer meals in its restaurant but I rather find a cheaper place to eat. There is a fast food place (I think it was Burger King) right next door which is open for people who want a cheap breakfast. There is also a Cracker Barrel just a little further down the road. I would not have any problem staying here again in the future. It's directly across the street from the fairgrounds and the airport is very close by.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank retired111
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear retired111,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and your positive ratings. We're happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with your family and enjoyed our convenient location. Thanks again for sharing and we hope to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Had to write this review since they recieved such a Bad Rap over renovations etc. This hotel now owned by sheraton was a really accomadating place, staff are more than helpful. Close to airport and close to derby and museum. Rooms were very modern with updated HD TV with usb port. My best friend and i were there for mothers day weekend . My greatest and deepest thank you for a job well done on renovations and great staff, you surely deserve the better review!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Divinity112
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Nothing special from the outside but then again I wasn't expecting the St Regis. Only a quick 5 minute drive from the airport, easy -to-find, pulled right in, plenty of parking. The greeting i received by the two front desk folks was very upbeat and friendly - - just like Kentucky..:). As an SPG Gold member, I was upgraded to a suite on the fourth floor. The suite was very spacious and very nicely designed. A nice, clean modern look with dark wood (laminate) and white bed linens. The linens were especially nice and of excellent quality. There's a quaint bar and restaurant onsite serving lots of fresh vegetable dishes. I was surprised and delighted.The prices were very reasonable ($8 for a roasted vegetable wrap) and the cook/bartender was a very friendly gal called Katie. Overall Sheraton has done a great job with this hotel. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank usworks
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Pro's: This hotel was bought by Sheraton. They have made extreme changes to this place for the better and is on the up and up.Good rates; I have read bad reviews but chose to ignore what other said and glad I did. Those reviews are WRONG.! The staff was very friendly and kind in all manners needed. Clean rooms,frig kept pop and things very cold and freezer worked great. heat and air in the room worked well, Tv was right size, clean everything. relaxing very calm easy going had a very nice stay all weekend. Best part for myself was the Hot tub after a very long drive.

Con's; The bathroom needs a vent.!! they become a steam room.The Pool room needs a vent air circulation. The smell of chlorine is very strong to much chlorine in the pool ,the water was very cloudy and not clear when swimming under and burnt eyes. Tv needs a guild option.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy W
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I just returned from my stay at the new four points and the staff was very helpful and went out of there way to make sure my stay was great. Right from check in to checkout everything was fine. Nick at the resort was very helpful and this hotel is much better than when it was a country inn. One of the new additions is the new restaurant and bar as well as the new updated rooms. I will make sure to return next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ohwendell
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night while attending an event in Louisville. The hotel had only recently been purchased by Four Points so there was some renovation being done. Check-in was great. Our room was nice, but seemed very bland for a Four Points property. The stack of curtains just outside our room made it clear they were renovating. I thought that was a little tacky. We stayed in a suite with double beds. With the pull-out sofa, the room could have slept 6, but there were only towels for 3 people. We had to go to the front desk to get more towels and to get sheets and blankets for the pull-out sofa. The room had been renovated with new floors and possibly bathroom fixtures. However, the furniture was old. The chair in the living area dipped down and basically didn't have a seat cushion. The desk had damage all along the front and the dresser drawers wouldn't close. The mattress on the pull-out sofa was very worn down and it probably would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the springs without the mattress. The pool area was nice. The kids had a great time but the pool was VERY cold.

With so many choices around the Louisville airport, we probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

A group of 10 families recently stayed in this hotel. We were traveling with teen girls on a volleyball team. We booked 10 rooms for two nights, about $3,000, however you refused to allow our girls to eat a Papa Johns pizza at the tables in the breakfast room. There was NO OTHER customers in the area. No other hotel has told us "to leave" the table area. Parents had purchased beverages there. Short bartender "complained loudly" that she would lose her job if we ate pizza in there. She was so obnoxious. I asked the front desk if we could use the tables. The clerk stared right through me and told me NO, we could eat in the lobby, sitting on the floor or standing.
One family was given a handicap room with only one bed. This was for the two parents and a teen daughter. They were told it was the only room available. There was no pull out in the room. No one at the desk would assist them in any way. The daughter slept upright in a chair in the room. Not acceptable service.
Why would you charge our charge cards full 2 nights plus a $50 deposit before we even stayed here?
The manager with the long dark hair was the only friendly person at the desk the entire weekend. The other younger clerks were bored with us each time we asked a question.
They lacked professionalism and training.
The only positive note, the rooms were clean, the breakfast staff was excellent. The new waitress in the bar area was understanding and friendly although couldn't help us with the girls eating the pizza at a table.
The breakfast layout was a bit hard to understand. If you needed juice, you had to ask for it. The breakfast ladies were great. Most customers didn't know that the kitchen would make a waffle upon request.
Since this hotel is right across the street from the fair grounds, I don't know how you could possibly service the crowd that you may draw this summer. Good luck during fair season. We will never come back or recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No rooms are good if the service is bad!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family