My colleague and I had to make a very last-minute trip to Louisville - driving distance from Nashville. We arrived late with no reservations, and this was the 2nd hotel that we checked (the first was booked). It was midnight, so we were not in much of mood to keep searching.
Chris, the frontdesk clerk was very pleasant and efficient. He gave us the "Hotels.com" rate when we inquired about it, which was very reasonable.
The room looked like it had be somewhat renovated. The bathroom looked new and modern, with soap dispensers in the shower - really neat! The rest of the room looked a little dated and sparse. The walls look newly painted but there were no pictures. The furniture looked old. There was a huge jucuzzi in the room (near the bed), which my traveling companion and I thought was really funny! Mine was out of order. His was working, but his TV had a green cast to it...like the Matrix.
We did not receive our folio statements in our rooms but were told that they would be emailed to us. I did not receive mine for over 24 hours after I checked out, so I had to call and request that it be emailed. In addition, they charged my credit card in multiple transactions - one for $50, one for $72 (and change) and then another charge for $27. I thought that was odd.
One more thing to mention, this hotel is next to the airport and definitely in the flight path of many UPS jets that flew over at least every 5 minutes. It was definitely not sound-proof.
As mentioned, we were tired..and it was fine for a last-minute stay. However, when I return to Lousville, I will choose another hotel option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Derby City Delights. Whether you’re here for business, pleasure, or both, the Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport offers a perfect location for exploring the city. Our free airport shuttle will take you to and from Louisville International Airport (SDF), which is about five minutes away. The Kentucky Exposition Center is across the street, and we’re also close to Churchill Downs, the University of Louisville’s sports venues, and downtown’s many attractions.Service with Style. Everything you need or want is here, including a fitness center, pool, spa, business center, and helpful staff to guide you around the hotel and city. Enjoy classic American dishes and drinks at our restaurant and lounge. Our two state-of-the-art function rooms are ready to stage memorable meetings and events.Home away from Home. Our 117 spacious guest rooms are designed to help you relax when you’re on the road. Get a good night’s sleep on a plush Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed. For your convenience, each room features a refrigerator, microwave, and free extras like wireless High Speed Internet Access and bottled water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Louisville Airport North
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville Airport North Hotel Louisville
- Country Inn Louisville
- Louisville Country Inn