“Sleepin on a cloud”

Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in, didn't want to.leave the room. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. The bartender didn't know her drinks too well but offer this is great pointers and made some great cocktails for us. we didn't eat in the restaurant but we did order room service I would say have breakfast out pancakes and potatoes are Superdry and her cook way too hard. we went on holiday got the pool to ourselves. The overall is very clean very quiet. not too far from the downtown area so if you don't mind driving I would definitely say stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank msnikky
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Hi msnikky,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations, especially the bed. We hope you to host you again the next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a remodeled lobby and cute restaurant. We had a spacious king suite but certainly only half updated in terms of furniture. Comfy bed and new bathroom...can't complain much about outdated dressers...who really cares? Staff is very friendly (thanks Russell!) and helpful. The restaurant is AWFUL. Example: sautéed vegetables were steamed cucumbers (yes), onions, mushrooms, red peppers and tomatoes. I gave it back because the smell was so awful and the sweet little waitress said she was so sorry. Equally awful breakfast experience so we just started going to the Cardinal across the street. Aside from the restaurant, the place is all you need for the week long world championship horse show or any other fairground event. Very accessible via golf cart and very close via car to the best Starbucks ever. Almost $1,000 less than we paid last year at the Hilton garden inn.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JNTx3
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to staying in hotels. I've seen way to many exposes where they shine the black lights around hotel rooms revealing various stains. Because of that, I tend to gravitate to four-star hotels and above. (I know...four-star hotels probably have stains, too.)

So I chose this hotel because of its four-star rating on Expedia and because I trust the Sheraton brand. When my husband and I pulled up, however, it was underwhelming. This Sheraton is an old hotel. It's dingy looking, the carpets are stained, the hallways are tight, and our non-smoking room obviously used to be a smoking room (as indicated by our yellowed ceiling). But here's the thing. It was immaculate. As soon as we got to the room, the phone rang; it was the front desk calling to ask if everything was all right with our room. I've never been to a hotel that went out of its way to do that. There's a great restaurant on site (with room service--we recommend the chocolate mousse). When we pulled up, I fully intended to rate the hotel two starts, maybe three, but at the end of the day, great service and cleanliness trump new and remodeled. It's a comfortable place to spend the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mindy K
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Hi Mindy K,

Thank you for your review about your trip to Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport. We are glad to hear you liked our customer service – it is important to us that each of our guests feels right at home. We also are happy that you found the time to enjoy the chocolate mousse from our restaurant!

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My colleague and I had to make a very last-minute trip to Louisville - driving distance from Nashville. We arrived late with no reservations, and this was the 2nd hotel that we checked (the first was booked). It was midnight, so we were not in much of mood to keep searching.

Chris, the frontdesk clerk was very pleasant and efficient. He gave us the "Hotels.com" rate when we inquired about it, which was very reasonable.

The room looked like it had be somewhat renovated. The bathroom looked new and modern, with soap dispensers in the shower - really neat! The rest of the room looked a little dated and sparse. The walls look newly painted but there were no pictures. The furniture looked old. There was a huge jucuzzi in the room (near the bed), which my traveling companion and I thought was really funny! Mine was out of order. His was working, but his TV had a green cast to it...like the Matrix.

We did not receive our folio statements in our rooms but were told that they would be emailed to us. I did not receive mine for over 24 hours after I checked out, so I had to call and request that it be emailed. In addition, they charged my credit card in multiple transactions - one for $50, one for $72 (and change) and then another charge for $27. I thought that was odd.

One more thing to mention, this hotel is next to the airport and definitely in the flight path of many UPS jets that flew over at least every 5 minutes. It was definitely not sound-proof.

As mentioned, we were tired..and it was fine for a last-minute stay. However, when I return to Lousville, I will choose another hotel option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Hi VolsFanForever,

Thank you for choosing Four Points on your recent trip to Louisville. We’re happy you received a warm welcome from Chris at the front desk, and that he was able to help you secure a reasonable rate for your stay.

We also appreciate you sharing your feedback on our rooms, and are sorry to hear about the issues you had with your bill. We’re disappointed hear you won’t be staying with us again in the future, but should you have a change of heart we’ll look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I loved the new design of hotel and lobby and lounge but room I had was not finished as were others had 4 holes drilled in top of cabinet and glue strip along coffee area,but staff was great close to airport,and fairgrounds,restaurant was great not over priced like a lot of hotels, bartender was fast and efficient in getting orders ,lobby and other areas of hotel were very nice and modern ,don't pass it up because not all finished, was a country inn and suites

Room Tip: rooms were noisy from outside traffic
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Family road trips are never fun and even less so when you arrive at a hotel late. But the staff her net out of their way to not only make sure we had adjoining rooms but to also get extra bedding for our youngest so we could get everyone comfortable. I was very impressed with the service!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Jenofwaukesha,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We're so happy to hear that your road trip was that much more enjoyable with the help of our great team! We hope the rest of the trip with the family was fun. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Louisville.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is consistent with outstanding Four Points quality and value. Updated decor, nice indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center, clean room with mini-fridge and very comfy bed. Staff is friendly. Don't hesitate to stay here!

Stayed: July 2013
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear New2EuropeBoston,
Thank you for your rave reviews. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Thanks again for your compliments and we hope to welcome you back should your future travel plans bring you back to the area.