Days Inn Louisville Airport Fair and Expo Center
Ranked #87 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2014

the front office floor was very dirty. the place could use an update, it was not a good value for $100.00 a night.
The staff was polite and nice. the place was old and looked uncared for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Overall decent experience. Hotel could use some updates. Staff was friendly and the room served it's purpose.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Shelley F, Manager at Days Inn Louisville Airport Fair and Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms. Feedback such as yours, helps us to understand what areas need to be addressed. We hope you will visit us again soon

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Frankly I am surprised at the negative reviews. The hotel was perfectly fine, the room was clean- even the a/c filters were clean. It's Close to several fast food places, clubs, and a bowling alley, and a short drive to many attractions. Check in was quick and friendly. For the under $60 chains this was more than acceptable and other than going to the sleazier motels, you aren't going to find a much cheaper hotel. Protip-stop at a rest area and utilize the coupon magazines.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping staff, and it gave them tremendous pride that someone acknowledge their attention to detail. Our goal is to provide each guest with an excellent stay at our property. We look forward to your stay with us again, should your travels ever bring you back to the Louisville area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We travel a lot for both business and pleasure, and I would say this is was one of the lesser places we've stayed. This trip was mostly business for my husband, but pleasure for my daughter and I. It's ok if you're looking for just a place to stay with no frills, and a nice comfy bed to sleep in. The room was clean, and had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer, all of which were appreciated, as we were there for a week. The hotel and it's rooms; however, are very outdated and in need of general painting and maintenance. Noise in the occupied neighboring rooms was not an issue for us either, which is always appreciated.
There really isn't much to do nearby the hotel, but the drive to downtown Louisville wasn't long, nor to the outlying areas, where there were many more things to do.
The hotel also offered a continental breakfast (they have their own name for it), but it leaves something to be desired. There is milk or juice or coffee, some slices of thin bread to toast, one type of whole fruit, some yogurt, dried cereal and sweets. It may sound like a lot, but it was really weak in compared to even a Country Inn and Suites or a Hyatt the like. It's a good start, but has a lot to improve on, thus, we only had it one morning. Not many options if you're diabetic or looking for a healthy breakfast.
The staff that I dealt with was very nice and accommodating. Upon entering our room, our smoke detector was beeping every two seconds. I called the front desk and advised them of this, and they sent a maintenance man over right away to change out the batteries and reinstall the smoke detector. I also needed an iron and ironing board later, which I walked to the front office to inquire about. I was promptly given a very nice and light, small ironing board that a baby could lift (this is a good thing) and an iron to keep in my room during our stay. Even during checkout, the woman whom I spoke with was very pleasant and efficient.
Based on our experience, I am not sure if I'd stay here again only because it was more expensive than a Hyatt we had stayed in the week prior (and had more amenities--pool, gym, large breakfast), the area had little to do for those of us not conducting business in the area, but that is a personal choice. If you're literally looking for a place to sleep at night with no bed bugs, a comfortable bed, a tv with cable, and a fridge, then I would say this is an acceptable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Good location, looks great. However their entire parking lot is like being in an earthquake with the potholes, ridiculous trying to drive around it. The smoke alarm wouldn't quit chirping even with new battery.beds were real rough, left the next day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shelley F, Manager at Days Inn Louisville Airport Fair and Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I would like to thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay, we are currently looking into parking lot repairs. As for the smoke detector, we would have changed your room if you had notified the front desk or the issue. However, I hope that you visit our property again the next time you are in the Louisville area.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

At $53 a night, I shouldn't complain and I should expect to get what I pay for but this hotel is a DIVE!!! Traveling with my parents, had two rooms. Ours was decent, clean but definitely old. Needs some repairs and updates. My parents room smelled like stale smoke and mildew, not cool for a non-smoking room. The air conditioning ran loudly. I felt like I was going to witness a drug bust at any moment. Probably won't be heading back to this establishment in the future. Plus side, a continental breakfast was included, but juice, cereal, toast, and pastries was all to expect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family