“Central Location”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you are looking for a hotel that is close to everything this hotel is great. It's on the Louie Link and within walking distance of the Yum Center and plenty of restaurants. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Onsite sports bar was a great place to get a drink and watch a game. Did try the onsite restaurant but it looked very nice.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Tyler,

Thank you for sharing feedback with our team. We are pleased you enjoyed our central location to downtown Louisville and the YUM Center and also that you had a great time in Champions Sports Bar. We will share your comments with the team and look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Louisville Marriott Downtown

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was my second time staying at this property. I stay here as it is one of the hotels that my work recommends. There is not much about this hotel that separates it from any other Marriott. The concierge lounge is nice. There are several decent restaurants nearby. My only complaint about this hotel is the parking. Valet parking is $26 and I think self park is $22. I did valet the first night then chose to use the parking lot behind the hotel for only $10 a night. I was charged for valet all nights but upon check out this was corrected.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 17th floor which had nice views.
Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jered C
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Repeat guests are the best compliment that we can recieve and we are pleased that you enjoyed your return visit the Downtown Marriott. We look forward to your third stay with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

When going to Louisville one full service hotel stands out above the rest...the Marriott Downtown! The property is in the heart of downtown making it accessible to everything in the City! Rooms here are well designed, larger than standard hotel rooms, well equipped and my favorite business friendly! The staff are all eager to please from arrival to departure! Marriott prides itself as being business friendly and smart and this property is! The working desks are a great feature as well as both the Club and Business Center! Food choices are plenty in the 3 different restaurants, and the property also has a full service Starbucks as well! The property is spotless and my room was super clean which is always a true welcome to guests! As a lifetime platinum guest I was upgraded to the Concierge Floor which offered nice views from my 16th floor room. The club is spacious and always stocked with drinks/ eats and offers a full breakfast daily. For me the value and full service this Marriott delivers is second to none thus is my first choice when I come to Louisville business! I highly recommend this to fellow road warriors as the property will not disappoint you and deliver outstanding service!

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to the Concierge Floor or book it .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the oustanding endorsement from your recent stay. As a road warrior and a Platinum member your comments are appreciated and we are pleased the you enjoyed a warm greeting and great servicie from our concierge team. We strive to hit a home run with every guest are pleased the we were successful in achieving that goal for you. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

3 coworkers and I got adjoining rooms and spent the night before a Sunday conference at the hotel. The room was very nice and clean and the hotel staff was very hospitable. We walked to 4th street and has a great dinner at Eddie Merlots. Centrally located to so many things to do. There is a Starbucks in the hotel, which is a plus for me. The conference was great, as we're the facilities and I enjoyed it very much. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Suzannah S

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us for your recent conference and that you were able to find some time to get out and enjoy some of the wonderful restaurants and nightlife around the hotel. We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed one night after a family birthday party that was held in one of the hotel ballrooms. We had a suite with a connecting bedroom. The suite was large and spacious and had a comfortable seating area and small wet bar area. The suite was a corner room with a lot of windows and light. The bed was a typical comfortable Marriott bed and the bathroom was clean and well-appointed with double sinks. I enjoyed my stay and the comfortable room and wouldn’t mind staying there again. Our rooms included breakfast and we enjoyed the delicious buffet at the hotel restaurant. I wish the restaurant had fresh OJ, but I know that is a personal preference.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Banksy22
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly renovated guestrooms and suites and our dissapointment is that you were only able to stay for one night. Please come back and see us when you have more time to get out and see the city. Louisville has a number of great restaurants and attractions within steps from the hotel.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This traditional Marriott is centrally located in downtown Louisville and the perfect place for even Louisvillians to stay when there is a late night function to attend. We were attending an evening wedding at the nearby event venue, the Gillespie, that is a short walking distance from the hotel. We used the self park instead of the valet because there was a big social event that evening at the Marriott that had the valets busy. The self park is quite easy to handle. We had a swift check in. We had a large, comfortable corner room with two double beds. When we got back to the hotel that night, the beds felt magnificant with my using all three pillows! We did not dine at the restaurants this stay, but the Blu Mediterranean Grill is very popular and always has a nice crowd. This is a good place to stay for any occasion.

Room Tip: Become a member of the "Marriott Rewards" program, and every Marriott hotel worldwide wil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed comments from your stay with us while attending your wedding event in the downtown area. We were pleased to see that you were able to dine in Blu Italian Grille and had a great experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Outstanding service, excellent, friendly and very helpful staff. I must point out the evening concierge who, in my opinion, bent over backwards to help me find fine dining and the staff in general who were always available for suggestions on what to do with my free time, what were good things to see etc. I didn't get misled at all. The food at the hotel was fine with the breakfast service being great. Housekeeping was extraordinary. Rooms were cleaned early and they were cleaned! If I every had business again in Louisville, KY I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Dear Guest,

We strive to meet and/or exceed our guests expectations and we are pleased that we were successful with this goal during your time with us. I have specifically shared your comments with our housekeeping and front office teams regarding those guest touchpoints. Please come back and see us in the future.