“My preferred hotel when staying in Louisville” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Lexington, Kentucky
“My preferred hotel when staying in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I really enjoy staying here. The rooms are newer and clean. The staff is very nice. The gentleman making omletts for the brunch is the best, he really loves cooking and it shows. Plus he makes a great omlette.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David R, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dr. Gary;

Many thanks for the great review. We have shared your praise with Michael our omelet chef, and the rest of our team here at the Marriott.

Thank you for being one of our most loyal guests. Hopefully we see you again soon.

David Rowland
Director of Food and Beverage
Louisville Marriott Downtown
502-671-4280

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Used some of my Marriott points to stay here. Normally we stay at the Courtyard down the street. Arrived on a Sunday afternoon and left the car with the valet. My husband asked if he could use a cart to bring our items to the room. Checked in and were in the room for only a few minutes and there was a knock at the door. The bellhop had followed us up and wanted to take care of our luggage. This was a little annoying. Had we wanted him to bring it up we would have asked. My husband made him wait in the hall while he finished checking out the room and unloading the cart. (We had many breakable items and wanted to move them about ourselves.) When he came into the room to get the cart he was asking strange questions like "want me to get you ice? want me to open your curtains? want me to turn down your bed?" I have never been asked questions like this before. My husband basically tipped him to get him to leave since it was clear he was attempting to do something to earn one.

I gave this review a "very good" because the room was fantastic. It was pretty quiet in the hotel, so there wasn't much noise. Spent some time in the Bar at Blu for a few bourbons, which they have a fantastic selection for. Even took one back to our room for a nightcap. The hotel is close to everything downtown and there were many options for food and drink.

The next morning we had to leave early so my husband went down and got a cart from the valet and told him we did not need help while he got the car. When we came down to load the car, both guys out front were a little put out that we didn't want them to load our car. So my husband gave them a large tip for getting the car and basically for not touching our stuff. Some people don't want bellhop service, but this hotel doesn't seem to give you that option.

While the hotel was fantastic, and the employees were all courteous and helpful, next time I will go back down to the Courtyard where I have the options to self-park and take care of my own luggage.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank burkehouse
Charlotte NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Outstanding hotel that appears to be recently remodeled. The beds are nice and the staff was always available to help and always near by. Even the restaurant food was good and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this hotel and intend to stay there again in the summer when I return to Louisville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights from Saturday 18th Jan.
Room on 16th was okay, clean tidy and pretty comfortable. Eat in Champions a couple of times food okay, friendly staff. Got a note through my door on Sunday morning to tell me the heat would be off and I had the option of moving to another Marriott property near by or a reduction on my room rate. I stayed where I was but did not get a reduction. Very busy lobby area, Starbucks on site which is good. Swimming was good and clean.
On the whole average. The Courtyard round the corner is better and more modern.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew R
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality of the staff. We apolgize for the recent challenge with the hot water that required us to shut off the water due to an emergency repair that needed to be completed. Please contact me direct at paul.kiley@whitelodging.com so that we might be able to speak directly about your recent stay. Once again thank you for taking the tiime to provide feedback so that we might continue to improve the guest experience. Best Regards, Paul Kiley
Olathe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Clean room and very comfortable bed. Had a few issues with the hot water. Coffee maker in room did not work but they replaced it as soon as I asked them to. No free breakfast or coffee in the morning. I understand not having free breakfast but feel coffee should always be complimentary. The bistro had a good breakfast with pretty decent prices.

It's a good location. Right across the street from several bars and food places. Parking was very easy as well. All the staff was really friendly which I appreciated. The fitness center was good too. Free weights and 4-5 cardio machines. The cardio machines have plugs for your earphones with cable TV which was nice. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah T
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you had great stay and enjoyed the conveniant location of the hotel to the local restaurants and the renovated fitness center. Please come back and see us in the future.

Best Regards,

Paul Kiley
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We called booking a night for N.Y.E. The site stated there was only 3 rooms left. This was clearly a marketing strategy since the hotel was probably only half full it that. I do not remember the site or I would mention this. We were hoping to find a place that had something going on for N.Y.E. The hotel had a special dinner that was very pricey but gave you a voucher included in the package. This brought the price down to what should have been the set price to start with. The meal was prix fixe and we knew that going into it. The meal was below average in my opinion. Salad was tolerable. Oysters were amazing. Steak was cooked to our liking but it was very dry. The location, in our opinion was great since an outdoor N.Y.E. party was going on at 4th Street Live just a few blocks away. We could have stayed at a hotel in the middle of it all but then we would have had to put up with the late night revelers and for this reason we felt this was a better location.

The toilet leaked (would drain and constantly refill). I figured the chain was getting caught in the flapper so I repaired it without trying to have someone come up. Other than that it was average for a Marriott in downtown. It is a huge hotel so I can't imagine them filling to capacity but it is near the YUM center.

They also included breakfast in the "package". They had a chef who made omelets to order. The breakfast was very good.

They have an onsite parking garage in the basement - very good since parking downtown can be difficult to find and expensive.

Room Tip: I don't like staying near elevators or the vending/ice machines (noise). We were no where near t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelers4rwe
David R, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest;
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Louisville Marriott Downtown. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including breakfast and parking. However I did read through your comments in regards to your dinner and disappointment with the package you booked for New Year's Eve. I would like to chance to speak with you further about the issues you addressed. Please call me directly if you would like at 502-671-4280. Thank you
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed during a long weekend with family and friends. Downtown location is within walking distance to most downtown activities such as Fourth Street Live and minor league baseball stadium. Also had several dining options. This will definitely be my first option for future Louisville travel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay. We are thrilled that you made it a long weekend and were able to get out and visit the attractions just outstide our front door. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best Regards,