“Very Nice Marriott Hotel”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Bethlehem, PA
“Very Nice Marriott Hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am a loyal Marriott customer, and booked a room for a recent seven day business trip. In a nutshell, this is one of the nicer Marriott hotels I have visited in quite some time and was a very good value for the price paid.

I was greeted immediately on arrival by the very friendly valet/bell staff, and subsequently noticed that this area is well staffed most of the time. The lobby is very spacious and lovely, and the front desk was very sufficiently staffed and I breezed through the check-in process (I also noticed that the front desk always seemed sufficiently staffed).

Rooms were spacious, very clean, and comfortable. I ordered from room service on a few occasions...food was very good and delivered in a timely manner.

This is a relatively new hotel and its location is convenient to several downtown Louisville attractions, including 4th Street, Yum Center, and the Louisville Slugger Museum. It is adjacent to the Kentucky International Convention Center, and is also within easy walking distance of some very good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
JMH1987,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate you allowing us to serve you in Louisville and throughout the Marriott portfolio.

It is great to hear that you experienced a lot of what our downtown location can offer. What was your favorite place you visited?

We look forward to serving you again.
Eamon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week there for a conference and couldn't have been better. From the greeting at the door thru registration up to the final check-out the people were terrific. Super location connected by walkway to everywhere including the convention center and the Yum Center where all large meetings were held. I would have never had to go outdoors. Close to 4th Street and restaurants galore.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank MXKing
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Getkinger,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Louisville.

Our team takes great pride in providing exceptional hospitality and we appreciate your feedback. I will share it with the teams that you mentioned.

Did you have time to visit anything on 4th Street while here?

We look forward to serving you again,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently had a group of 30 stay in this property for a music festival. The staff (especially Allie in group sales) was awesome! They took care of every detail and made sure that our contest winners had a great time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
jason d,
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you and the group of 30 staying with us for Forecastle in July.

We will be sure to recognize Allie and the rest of our staff for their service during your stay. Our entire team strives to provide excellent service and we truly appreciate your recognition.

Who was your favorite band at Forecastle?

Take care,
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival, the valet was very nice until I told him I intended to self park. I have 4 cracked ribs and needed help getting my bags out of the car. I intended to tip the chubby little valet until he walked away saying if I was going to self park, I could handle my bags myself as well. I have never been treated that way, especially at a Marriott.

But, that was the only negative experience, I stayed Sunday until Friday and everyone else was fantastic. The rooms were great. A minor problem with the shower drain stopper was the only reason I gave a 4 for cleanliness, which is more of a maintenance than cleanliness issue I guess.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tom W
Tom,
I apologize for your arrival experience with valet. While it may come as little solace, the service you received is not indicative of our standards. We will address this immediately.

We will also look into the drain stopper in your room and fix that situation.

Please let us know the next time you are in Louisville and we will be happy to serve you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed there last night and had a positive experience. The Valet was very attentive. We checked in with Matthew Clark and could not have been more impressed. Our hotel room looked just like the professional photos and was very clean and modern. The morning Buffett had omlettes, fruit, bacon, etc, etc.! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HollyCSM
HollyCSM,
Thank you for your review and kind words. Our entire staff takes great pride in providing exceptional customer service. Thank you for recognizing Matthew at the desk and the Valet department for their service.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Take care,
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

From the outside I had a little trepidation that the hotel was older. Marriott did a bang-up job renovating the property and the rooms. First rate hotel experience with a friendly staff.

Concierge lounge had great views of downtown and the Ohio river. Ask for an odd number room as they face toward the river. Well located in downtown near 4th Street Live entertainment district.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room as they face the river
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
iacxred,
Thank you for your kind words about our 'renovated beauty'. We just completed a full rooms renovation and are glad to hear that you enjoyed them.

We are within walking distance to 4th Street Live and NuLu. What was your favorite place? The summer outdoor concert series is always fun to enjoy.

We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Louisville.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the Ironman event. The hotel was very nice, the restaurant had nice choices and the room clean and well kept. The problem arose when I returned late to my room (about 11:30) from dinner with clients. I got into bed quickly because I had to be up about 5:30 to get to the race on time. I was shortly woken up by loud music from the parking lot that sits behind the hotel around 12:45-1 am! I looked out the window (I was on an upper floor) and saw lots of young people in the lot, playing music from their cars. I was kept awake for the next 3 hours with this situation. I called down to the front desk and complained, they said they would get on it.

I assumed the situation came from a nightclub that was on the corner next to the Marriott, when they closed their doors, these people just continued the party in the parking lot.
When I checked out the front desk clerk asked how my stay was, I told her I wasn't happy, that I was kept up all night long with the noise. She looked at me like I was speaking another language. I looked at the next clerk, as if she might care about my problem. Her response was "Oh, the music again." As she looked to the clerk next to her with a nod. I took it to mean that they have dealt with this problem numerous times.
I was furious! Not because the situation happened, but because they didn't care it happened and were well aware of the situation, and didn't or couldn't do anything about it.

I followed up with the Manager, and after a couple of fowled up attempts to correct the situation, I finally did get some satisfaction in a certificate to stay at the hotel again. I made sure I was on the front side of the hotel this time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends