“Best Brisket I Ever Had”

Frankfort Avenue Beer Depot
Ranked #212 of 1,768 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We were there about a week and a half ago. If you're looking for fancy, don't go! If your looking for GREAT smoked ribs, etc, this is THE place to get them! You won't go away hungry, either!
“Best Brisket I Ever Had”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This place was uproarious on this Friday night during a March Madness b-ball game. The service was so genuine and the food came fast! I loved the green beans, broccoli n cheese side. My hubby n I split a pound of brisket. I loved the mild sauce and he loved the hot. I loved that even at nearly 8:30 while traveling through they had corndogs and chicken fingers so my kids could eat. We wrote with chalk provided on the bathroom wall.♡

• Visited March 2014

Custer, Kentucky, United States
“No frills food, and good cold beer.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Legendary. Best brisket just about anywhere,and good cold beer. Sides and are always good, and so is the service. A good place to grab a bite and hang out with the boys.

• Visited February 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The spot”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is our go to spot for games and pitchers. The BBQ is awesome and the fried green beans are the best.

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“No-nonsense BBQ joint”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

FAB is one of those places that only locals know about. A friend brought me there on my first visit to Louisville and I have been going back ever since.

The place itself is as rough as a badgers backside, but the food is great and the people are friendly. Go visit.

• Visited September 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Smoked Brisket for carry out!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I had gotten the wonderful BBQ ribs many times, so I decided to change directions and go with what they call "Lou-a-vul style brisket." Depending on your preferences for where you like to be when you eat, you might want to consider doing a carry out. The bar area is a typical bar where there are lots of men sitting at tables with their buckets of beer. There is an outside eating area facing Frankfort Avenue; but the smokers are always going strong that I prefer not to sit in that area. There is another very casual dining area adjacent to the bar as well as another outside patio where you can sit depending on the weather. My preference is to do a carry out. I ordered one pound of the sliced brisket and a large size of their absoluotely delicious highly seasoned green beans. I called ahead, and my order was ready when I arrived. Unfortunately, they were out of the hot sauce they make, so I had to settle for the regular BBQ sauce of which I did receive a nice portion in a cup size container. I was delighted when I unpacked my order at home. They had also included a nice portion of sliced onions and dill pickles to go with the brisket as well as rolls. The bricket was well seasoned and very tasty. Since I had ordered enough brisket to last for several dinners, I immediately wished that I had ordered more of the green beans. As soon as I started on the beans, I realized that half of them would be gone on my first meal. I have no idea how they make them so tasty, but they are really good.

• Visited August 2013