“Mussels!!!”

Mussel & Burger Bar
Ranked #13 of 1,766 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Mussels!!!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The mussels were excellent. I had the goat cheese salad and appetizer size mussels. Both were excellent. The service was great. The beer selection was awesome. I do wish they had draft beer. Wine in a jar glass is silly - get wine glasses! My husband's burger was delicious. The sweet potato fries were wonderful. We will go back!

Visited December 2013

Huntington, New York
“AMAZING mussels... great atmosphere...”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We went for an early lunch on a Monday morning and the place was empty. We were the only table for 45 min. The service was good, I am assuming because it had to be with only one table to serve. It was three of us, all picky-NY'ers and we ordered the beer and blue cheese mussels which were some of the best mussels we'd ever had. The soft shell crab sliders were also divine and it would've been nice to have 1 more in the serving. The french fries were an impeccable side and dipped into the mussel's sauce was an added treat. The veg-burger was a bit spicy and unexpected as we weren't able to finish it because of that. The caesar salad, with actual anchovies on top (yay!) was awesome, considering it was just a salad and there's just so much you can do with that. The atmosphere would've been perfect for a martini and burger at the bar for a late night date or with friends and I would definitely return here, even if just for that. The beautiful bathrooms (someone once told me to judge a restaurant by its bathroom to REALLY see how clean the kitchen is) were the nicest I'd ever seen. My next trip to Louisville I will definitely come back here and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. My ONLY tidbit of helpful info is to make sure you order a large side of fries or bread to make sure to dip into the mussel sauce if you order mussels. It truly was the BEST part of the meal. ;)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank taylormccomb
Louisville
“incredible burger, not so good service”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a newer burger place that I had heard so much about. We arrived around 6pm and there was a 45 min wait.

The burgers were so good, but I felt that our poor server could not handle all the tables he had.

next time we will do carryout or come even earlier

Visited October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“eclectic”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had heard good reviews and was expecting a 'joint' with a name such as it has. The decor gives the impression of an upmarket menu but then you are greeted with Mason jars as water, and wine, glasses. I can only describe the menu as rather novel fast food. I had fish tacos with red cabbage which were quite good although the fried fish was still dripping oil. Our waiter's knowledge left a bit to be desired.

• Visited October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Unique restaurant”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

If you are looking for a fun, hip, out of the ordinary restaurant, this is it. Great food, craft beers, casual. I will be back.

Visited October 2013