“Delicious pizza!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We got here about 1 pm and walked right in. Was a little afraid the food would be old since it was after the lunch crowd and it's on buffet style behind glass. The food was delicious! Can purchase by the slice and they heated it in the oven. The crust was fantastic!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

En visite à Louisville et on découvre Luigi's par hasard et quel heureux hasard! Si vous êtes à Louisville vous devez aller manger la pizza car elle est vraiment délicieuse!! I was visiting Louisville for a show and we discover Luigi's by passing by and wow! If you are in Louisville this the place the eat pizza. Real good and tasty.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stopped in after a recommendation from the Louisville Slugger Factory & Museum. Just a short walk from there and I had arrived. Not a big place, but very clean and it smelled delicious as soon as I walked in. A very nice selection of Italian pizzas and strombolis and pasta to chose from.
I went with the stromboli, a side salad and drink. It was ready in no time and nice and hot. The side salad was served with a dressing choice and it was very flavorful. The stromnolli was hot and served with a side a marinara. Everything had great flavor and was very reasonably priced. The soda was from the fountain and could be refilled, which is nice because I always like to take one to go.
My only complain is that my table wobbled. I had to hold my foot on one of the legs so it wouldn't move as I ate.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are like me..a New Yorker (Italian) transplanted to Louisville Kentucky and missing true Italian Pizza....then search no more.......it's here!!!!! Luigi was so very nice telling us how he was originally from Italy..moved and lived in New York where he had a Pizza Shop then came and "retired" here in Louisville! Lucky us! He has much more than just Pizza-so there's lots to choose from.DO NOT pass this by....especially if you are right down the street visiting the Louisville Slugger Museum! Excellent Food!!

2  Thank MA D
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stopped here for lunch after the Louisville Slugger museum, as I imagine lots of folks do. It's the next block down. We should have looked a little harder. We were the first customers of the day, so they weren't busy. The service was fair to poor, the main guy (maybe Luigi himself) was rude. I asked to borrow the pizza cutter to make the slices smaller for our children. First he directed me to the cheap plastic knives which any parent knows won't work. I even offered to bring the pizza back up to the counter for him to cut. He reluctantly gave me the pizza cutter, but said it was very sharp (duh) and if anything happens, it's on me. Now if the food was cheap, I wouldn't expect good service, but a plain pie cost nearly $20 and we were charged the full cost for pepperoni topping ($3.75) even though it was only on half the pie. If the food was good, I could look past the service and the cost, but we've had a lot of pizza in our day, and this was certainly not one of our better meals. Walk a few extra blocks...it will probably be worth it.