“Authentic and delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Highlands
“Authentic and delicious”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We actually had a Spanish exchange student with us and he was impressed he had to meet the chef. Bit pricey.

Visited September 2012

“Meh”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is a bit more of a "fine dining" experience. The proof was in my bill. Its not so much that the food is bad, its better than a lot of places but worse than others. And certainly not worth the price in my opinion.

Visited July 2012
Taylorsville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a disspointment, on a very special day!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Such a special family dinner ruined by terrible overprized food and much worse, owner and staff arrogance. I have been a restaurateur and have always considered eating a pleasure. When tried the scallop on my Zarzuela de Mariscos, the smell and flavor was so repugnant that I could not continue to eat. I even asked my husband try it, because I was in disbelief. The problem was not addressed as expected by any of the staff on the floor, not even the chef, who I know was the owner. We saw him on our way out, at that point my husband was furious and what made it worse, was the owner trying to argue that there was nothing wrong and the scallops were fresh. Even my eight year old son, who is used to Latin food and flavors, expressed his dislike for the Paella because some of the rice was uncooked. Please remember that most of your success depends on the satisfaction of your guests, satisfy their pleasure and they will return. Needless to say, we will not.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Vivian M
Louisville, Kentucky
“Tapas at La Bodega are very delicious!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Some times I am just not in the mood for a dinner entree. This is when I love to head to la Bodega for their Tapas Menu items. Last night, we started with a perfect Spaninish white wine, Esperanza.

The two of us shared several small Tapas selections starting with the Piquillo pepper stuffed with crab that was on a baquette slice. Very tasty and not hot pepper wise. That was followed by the beautifully prepared and well seasoned Mussels in Salsa Verde. The mussels were cooked perfectly and the excellent garlicy sauce lasted through the other selections when used to get soaked up by the delicious bread. Next out were three of the Croquetas which are bechamel fritters with chicken! Next out were the grilled calamari - quite tender and tasty with an excellent sauce.

On most occasions, we get the Jamon Serrano and the tasty Manchego cheese; but we are still finishing off the Serrano ham we ordered from La Tienda recently. The Serrano at La Bodega is very good!

Our last item for dinner, but certainly not least, were the chargrilled fresh Sardines. Don't even think of those little ones that come in the cans - this is an entirely different taste and experience. The whole Sardines are grilled just like you find them when on the Iberian Peninsula! The Sardines are quite delicate, so you have to be careful when lifting the fish away from the bones. Their flavor is so delicious you may just have to place another order.

Be sure to save room for their dessert items!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JaneHopson
Lousiville, KY
“An Excellent Dish”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife and I recently ate at De La Torre's. It is a Spanish restaurant. We had the roasted chicken and it is excellent. Though there are many other interesting dishes on the menu that is the one we invariably pick. The restaurant is attractive and is a pleasant place to be. There also have a tapas bar.

• Visited September 2012