“A Treasure!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Louisville
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is an old fashioned white linen restaurant without the pretentiousness that often accompanies such a place. It is located in historical section of city just minutes off freeway. We were traveling thru town but wanted a more interesting lunch than the chains. Our server was friendly and exceedingly helpful. My husband dubbed their coleslaw (which was on the sweet side and included apples) the best he had ever eaten. I decided it was the perfect time and place to try (for the first time ever) fried green tomatoes in a BLT. It was tasty and included enough of a kick I'm absolutely positive it is an updated version. Our meal was served incredibly quickly which we appreciated; but I'm sure if you wanted to linger the staff would accommodate that also. I would recommend this as a place for vacationers and also locals seeking a special meal.

2  Thank chocchic066

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the DuPont and they recommended Bucks restaurant. It was within easy walking distance among beautifulold Victorian mansions and it was delightful. The decor was mismatched antique dishes beautiful whit flowers low lighting and wonderful piano background music. But the true delight beyond the decor was the food. It was excellent. My husband is very picky about steak and he said his filet mignon was exceptional. I had encrusted chicken also excellent. The blend of flavor and presentation was beyond words!

1  Thank WildIrishRoseDreamin
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband is not a planner so our special 25th wedding anniversary dinner choice was up to me. I'd had a couple of business lunches here and knew the food and atmosphere was nice so since my hubby hadn't been here decided it was time. We had a groupon coupon as well. When I made the reservation I asked for a nice table since it was our 25th. We were seated 2 tables in front of the amazing piano/singer and had an awesome waitress. She found out it was our 25th and put anniversary 'dust' and 2 lilies on our table besides the already beautiful white flowers and mismatched China. I had the sweet chili fish and my husband had the salmon. We both had salads and we shared a really nice half bottle of the best Pinot Gris I've had from Oregon! Then we shared a fabulous dessert. The musician gave us one of his CD's and the waitress gave me a Star of Bethlehem flower to take home. I asked my hubby if he'd go back and he said yes. I told him even with the groupon it was a little pricy (but nothing like other places I looked into originally). His comment - it was worth it! (He never says that). We will go back for a special occasion. This place is quieter than Jack Fry's, which I also enjoy. Usually when I plan something like this up I hope for everything to turn out and it usually doesn't. This evening of dining exceeded both of our expectations.

2  Thank mmkehlers
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Third time at the restaurant and third fantastic evening. This time my wife and I invited 3 other couples, all long-time Kentucky residents, to dinner during a business conference. They all loved it and were genuinely surprised that they had never been before; but all promised it would not be their last visit. The bourbon chicken saltimbocca was spectacular, and the person who had the quail said it was as good as he had ever had. The signature dessert, a Mocha Dacquoise, was to die for. Great wine list, both by the bottle and by the glass, and a very fine bourbon list. All for a price much more reasonable than the higher-profile restaurants downtown. Why would you come to Louisville and not eat here?

1  Thank turneraw
Reviewed 15 March 2014

You know you always go out to eat because of the food, it's got to taste great or you don't go back. And it's the same with bad service. Well I must say that the food and service are TOP NOTCH. I mean GREAT... The friendliness of all staff / employees , the decor, and the GREAT FOOD. I can't wait to take my sweet wife back again...

1  Thank Mike H