“I would come back”

Neighbourhood: Old Louisville
Tropicalfire
“I would come back”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Our B & B was around the corner at the north end of the historic district yet we felt compelled to drive there. Inside the restaurant is quite beautiful and is adorned with lots of fresh flowers. My wife loved the fried oysters Rockefeller appetizer. I had the house salad that was loaded with shallots leaving my mouth burning. I happen to like shallots but thought it was a little odd for a house salad. My wife had the Bourbon Chicken Saltimbocca which she enjoyed. I had the rack of lamb which was barely chewable. The server was both friendly and efficient. The piano player was a nice addition though he seemed to be on break more than he played. If I ever revisit Louisville and stayed nearby I would give it another try.

2 Thank Tropicalfire

Lexington
“Quiet and refined”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We (2 couples) stayed around the corner at the DuPont Mansion B&B, and Gayle recommended we try Buck's. We were going to a concert at the Kentucky Center that evening, and Old Louisville where the B&B and Buck's are located is not far from the Center. We were pleasantly surprised with our experience at Buck's. We were there early, and were almost the only diners in the spacious old restaurant, but enjoyed the piano player and our dinners. Our server was impeccable, and our meals were perfect. We will be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank KyBoop
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Romantic birthday dinner”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a late evening birthday celebration at this fine establishment. The piano player/singer had a vast repertoire of old standards, although he admitted to me that he grew up favoring Ozzie Osborne. The food is delicious and the service seamless. Can't wait to go back.

Montville, New Jersey
“Great bar -”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Loved eating at the bar. Great location, service, atmosphere and good menu. Because it was Kentucky Derby weekend they did not have a full menu but what they offered was very good.

Clarksville, Tennessee
“Lovely Louisville Dinner”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We enjoyed dinner with friends at Buck's last night and would recommend it to anyone visiting Old Louisville. The wine list is extensive, the menu is tasty and staff are helpful. We girls enjoyed the pork chop and our husbands really savored the chicken saltimbocca. The restaurant is an easy walk from the Central Park Bed and Breakfast, which recommended Buck's to us and even made our reservation on our behalf. Good times!

• Visited April 2014