“decent all around” 4 of 5 bubbles

Buck's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #30 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Old Louisville
Moscow, Russia
“decent all around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the second time I was there... the first time about 5 years ago. Not much had changed... the piano man was still singing the old standards, the tables relatively full of families and couples chatting. Cozy is not the right word but it's close. I had a fried chicken breast with a bourbon crust. It tasted exactly as the name suggests. I was most impressed with their bourbon list and made sure to try at least one that I had never heard of... two small things. The bartender did not have big round ice cubes for the bourbon drinks(yes, a small thing but the bourbon was 20USD) and the men's bathroom definitely needed attention: always running sink, dangerously low toilet roll (and none other handy), and a definite need for a good scrub and a splash of paint. All in all though, everyone seemed to enjoy what they ordered, the server, though new, was very accommodating, and the piano man sang what my mother wanted to hear... Yes, I would go back.

• Visited June 2014

Brandenburg, Kentucky
“Wonderful find in a great neighborhood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed a very delicious lunch here with fabulous service. I tried the tomato soup with blue cheese crumbles recommended by our waiter and it was fabulous! We also enjoyed the crispy fish with chili sauce, the hot brown with fried green tomato and Buck's burger with sweet potato fries. All of our entrees were perfectly executed! We will definitely be back, hopefully for dinner next time!!

1 Thank KentuckyDerbyGirl270
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Neat Place, reminded me of Charleston, SC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

First visit to Louisville on a road trip to St. Louis so researched and decided to try Bucks. Great choice ! Greeted by white flowers ( my favorite) all over the restaurant. Baby grand piano with white jacket piano player on a Monday night (?') playing great soul music. Wonderful cocktails at the bar and then our dinner. Buck himself was present the whole time and is the epitome of a southern gentleman. We hit it off immediately with him . Excellent service, genteel hospitality and the best food ever. Scottish salmon was divine and my husband loved his succulent pork chop. We definitely plan to return and spend more time in Louisville, this was an overnight stop on the way to St. Louis, wish I could have spent the time here instead. But this in a must place to visit!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dothan, Alabama
“Ambiance and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Friends recently took us to Rick's in Louisville and if we lived in the area it we be one our regular dining establishments! Our evening started with an introduction to Rick Bartlett the resident pianist who serenaded the patrons during dinner with soft melodies and a marvelous soothing voice. Upon learning that we were visiting from the "Roll Tide" state Rick tickled the keys and sang "Stars Fell on Alabama" for our enjoyment.

Lorrie and I shared an appetizer of a crab cake served over a fried green tomato. Delicious. My entree choice was a filet mignon medium rare that was done to perfection. It was so tender that I cut a few pieces using my butter knife and had no problem carving through the beef. Lorrie selected the pork chop which was a very generous portion that Lorrie was not able to finish. Not wanting to leave anything behind I offered to finish the meal. My pork selections normally run toward BBQ ribs or pulled pork but this chop was very good and tender. I wish I could give a description of dessert but I was too stuffed to try anything.

When in Louisville you really should put Rick's on your itinerary for a special dinner evening!

Austin & Lorrie

Las Vegas, Nevada
“They do everything right.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Four of us came for lunch. The ambiance is very warm and classy. The food was excellent, their specialty, the Crispy fish with chili was a delight and something we will remember. They have a huge selection of bourbons that are almost overwhelming, but fun. Will add this to our favorites when we return.

Visited June 2014