“Unpretentious diner Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Goose Creek Diner

Goose Creek Diner
Ranked #160 of 1,754 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Columbus, Indiana
“Unpretentious diner Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

It is a diner. But it really works well. Hard working servers moving the food quickly with some really good deals. Ok, I admit my review was colored by the Wed. Night special. FRIED CHICKEN LIVERS (all you can eat, two sides included! For $7.95. AND draft beers, pints, for $2. AND a web coupon for $5 off for orders over $25). The sides I ordered were baby Lima beans and their excellent fried green tomatoes. Get outta here great meal. Wife had their chicken breast with some sort of healthy green stuff on it (She really liked it). G'daughter had chicken pot pie, but it was more seasoned than she liked, Wife agreed, I didn't. G'son had child's order of pizza.

I loved that place!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank crackofdawn

Jacksonville, FL
“Inconsistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have eaten here in the past (we lived close-by for a few years) but this is our first time in several years, since we now live in Florida. I am thankful that I ordered an extra portion of liver, since the first piece was thin, overcooked and dry as cardboard. After reminding the waitress that I had another piece coming, I received another thin, but more tender piece, still lacking in flavor. I was surprised that a chef would attempt to use such thin pieces, which are very difficult to get done the way liver needs to be cooked to be tasty and tender. We will not be back.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Get the Fryed Green Tomatoes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Nice little old time family style dinner on Goose Creek Road at Hurstbourn Parkway.

Lots of old time down-home favorites food stuff and great sides. Try anything that has Fried Green Tomatoes in it or as a side.

Sunday brunch is a great value.

Good selection, low price and good value for the money

New York
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I and my in-laws tried the Goose Creek Diner this past Friday nite, as we were in Louisville for the NSRA Nationals. I had read the reviews, and this was near the Homewood Suites where we were staying. We all ordered the Friday special, which was all you can eat cod and fried shrimp. It came with two sides...I had the coleslaw and cinnamon buttered apples. There were also corn muffins served. Our waiter, Anthony, was delightful...VERY nice and very efficient. One serving proved to be enough for all of us....we didn't order refills. Lots of food....Very casual environment. I would stop back, if I were in the area.

Marietta, Georgia
“Great place for a good and unusual relaxed meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

To all appearances, this looks like a small, casual, country meal place. In many ways, it is. However, what they serve is both unusual and very good tasting. It is not a fancy place. Not a dress-up place. But both the food and the service is exceptional. My wife has their "Liver and Onions" and said it was the best she has had in many years. I had an unusual open faced sandwich of chicken, tomato and bacon with a rich sauce. Tasted great. In summary, it is a great place for a casual meal and very reasonable in price.

• Visited July 2013