“Wanted to love it-missing the wow factor”
Review of 610 Magnolia

610 Magnolia
Ranked #118 of 1,859 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We decided to visit 610 Magnolia because we were traveling through Louisville and we're always looking for an excuse to experience fine dining. We had the 4 course with wine pairing. By far our biggest issue was that all of the courses came out at room temperature or even colder. When we brought this to the waiter's attention he mentioned that it seemed like it was becoming a trend as another couple experienced the same problem the night before. After spending $300+ it's awfully disappointing to walk out not fully satisfied (not from hunger but an overall avg. experience). The waiter offered a complimentary cheese plate to make up for the cold courses but I'm not quite sure that it seemed like an appropriate compensation considering the overall cost. We were seated upstairs where the atmosphere left us with much to be desired. I'd recommend saving the money for a bigger experience in a New York, Chicago, LA, etc. As tourists we had a much better dining experience at Rivue at 1/2 the cost and the Mayan Cafe at 1/4 the cost (both located in Louisville).

2  Thank THEBSTravelers

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I took my wife here for our anniversary. After she watched some cooking show that the owner was a contestant on, she was really excited to give it a try. Let me say this up front: I'm not a gourmet kind of guy. I like quantity AND quality. I feel like I'm getting suckered when they bring out little bitty scoops of stuff drizzled with some liquid and then explain it in detail like I'm some kind of idiot while what little food we received was rapidly getting cold. I can read. The service was good but not exceptional. When we finished and left, we turned almost in unison to each other and said, "Well, I'm still pretty hungry. Let's go get something EAT!" Cost was exorbitant and, frankly, my money could have been spent much more wisely on a MEAL that satisfied not on some trendy bistro in a seedy area of town. I rated it 3 because SOME of the food was fairly good and the staff (not the snitty maitre d'!) was good. The only thing that made this place memorable was the cost. If you have more money than sense, this place is for you. :)

2  Thank gjtoth
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Rent a car, take a taxi, call a friend. If you're in LOUISVILLE you MUST eat at 610 Magnolia. The venue is lovely and inviting. The staff is absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, proud and passionate about the restaurant and their service.
Be warned, it is not a rushed service. The atmosphere and food are meant to be savored. You can choose from 3 or 4 courses.
Our meal was creative and delicious. I had the halibut and it was simply the best prepared halibut I have ever had. I also loved the spot prawn! Amazing. I believe they are only open for dinner on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. So make reservations and plan ahead.

1  Thank kaj2600
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner our first night in Louisville. It was in a very unassuming building that was only minimally marked and looked more like a nice house than a restaurant. Luckily we only had a short happy hour prior to arriving, and found it easily. We opted to do the 4-course (they also offer 3), and the wine pairings because we were going all out on our first anniversary road trip. Every course was as beautifully plated, delicious, and adventurous as the previous one. The wines were paired perfectly with each dish, just make sure you're not driving after those 4-5 glasses of wine :) We would go back in an instant if we ever found ourselves in Louisville again, so long as we could get a reservation!

3  Thank Megan C
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My son and I were on a road trip and decided to drive thorough Louisville just so we could eat at 610 Magnolia. It was great and definitely worth stopping for. We both decided to do the tasting. We were very impressed to say the least! The Pappy Van Winkle is not too bad either.

1  Thank Jon L