“How do they stay in business???”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“How do they stay in business???”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We've lived near Lake Forest for 5 years, and always have seen this place and thought we'd try it... BIG MISTAKE! I ordered take-out and got there when they said it'd be ready. 25 MINUTES LATER, I hear "Scotty" saying he was putting our food in...WHAT??? So, I told them I wanted my money back. When the lady told Scotty that, he yells "I'm not giving him his money back!" How about "Sir, I'm really sorry we made you wait so long!" Anyway, they did give my a refund... but, not even a hint of an apology. WOW! Then, I went to Wendy's, where I waited for about 2 minutes for my food. Scotty may have the best fried chicken, bbq, and ribs on the planet, but nothing is worth putting-up with people who are so clueless about customer service!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cats F

Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food and inexpensive beer.”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Scotty's is nothing special to look at, but the food is good. The BBQ ribs and pulled pork are excellent. The pulled pork sandwich is huge. I like their fried chicken, too. side dishes are mostly just ok.

• Visited December 2012
Grapevine, Texas
“Great food & very friendly”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This place is amazing...the people were very friendly and we had great service. I would HIGHLY recommend the fried chicken. It was the best I have ever had. The owner was also very nice! Overall it was a great experience.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't let their storefront fool you!”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

What Scotty's lacks in being fancy, they more than make up for in food!! Their BBQ is some of the best I have had and I have had everything between NC and St Louis. I highly recommend the ribs or fried chicken. If you find yourself on the Northeast side of Louisville, stop in. You won't be disappointed!