“nice place . . .”

Courtyard Louisville Northeast
Ranked #29 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Clean. Friendly. Good area. Better than expected water pressure in the shower.

Priceline room rate: $80 (Breeders' Cup weekend)
Taxes & Fees: $19.89

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you very much for writing this great review. I hope that you will return to our hotel the next time you travel to Louisville.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

This Courtyard is located in a shopping area quite far from downtown Louisville but in a nice neighborhood. The staff is friendly and attentive. My three stays here (or is it four--can't remember) were all because of medical treatment and the staff was understanding. Rooms were basic Courtyard stuff -- not terribly fancy -- and not realy any surprises. I would have liked to see a bit more attention to detail in terms of cleanliness but nothing to be concerned about in terms of saying, "Don't stay here." On the weekends there may be a lot of kids in the hotel, usually because of some athletic event, but generally they have been fairly well behaved.

A note about the location: Although the surrounding neighborhood is great and has a lot of shopping, it's a long haul to downtown Louisville or even other neighborhoods. But the safety and shopping probably make up for that.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 6530bx4
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The staff at this hotel is the best I have ever worked with.

Additionally, I also appreciate your comments of cleanliness which we will address immediately. Our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest, and we want to ensure every guest see it during thier stay.

We look forward to your return, and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

You can tell immediately that the owner/manager of this hotel takes great pride in making this a sparkling and welcoming hotel. Courtyards are usually a predictably good place to stay but this one was exceptional. There was someone at the front desk at all times and whenever you passed you were greeted by the staff. The pool was in a delightful area and we were happy to enjoy the area and a soak in the hot tub. Across the street was a shopping mall so it was convenient to just walk across for dinner without having to take the car. We would definitely return to this lovely prperty.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peanutsNewYork
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on you recent stay with us. I am proud to say that the staff at this hotel is one of the best I have ever worked with.

We love our guest adn are thrilled when our guest love us. Please come back and visit soon.

Thankfully,

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Let me say I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past several years (I'm a Louisville native, sold my dad's house in 2009 and when I visit friends and family, need a hotel now!) and I have always been impressed by the staff, but this last visit was really special. I met my sister and had two friends along, so we took two rooms and staff here went totally out of the way to honour every request ---from where to get a newspaper to letting us stay in the pool past 11 one night (we stayed 2 nights) and allowing us an extra hour to check out when an event we attended did not end until noon and we wanted to change to casual clothes from our formal garb. The hotel is not perfect, do not get me wrong: walls are paper thin and we heard the alarm clock next door several mornings. We also we are certain we woke someone when we came in late one of the nights and found our air conditioning not working so the kind staff moved us to a room where it was working immediately. Sadly, we were none too quiet and it was late as we'd been to a family dinner. I am sure we disturbed a guest or two which I regret during the move with those thin walls. Also, internet is slow (when will hotels understand a fast WiFi is way more important than 89 channels of cable TV no one watches?) and housekeeping could use a reminder that 8 am is a BIT early to knock.
BUT those are all small grumbles. On the big things, this property is the best and will be our choice of a Louisville home hereafter. By the way a special THANK YOU to front office manager Brandon Maynard. He really went the extra mile on the check out time, the newspaper and mostly just for smiling and making us feel welcome! No shock to see smiles and hospitality since we are Louisville natives, but sadly it's not the treatment we have had at all the hotels we have stayed in since we sold dad's house! We will be back!

Room Tip: Just ask: staff will comply if they have space!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lilamadison
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate all your feedback and we will use it in our continous effort to improve our service.
Brandon is a great leader of the hotel and is passionate about great service.
We are thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

My wife and I arrived here fairly late. Brian was on duty at the desk and did a great job of checking us in and making us feel welcome, he was a really helpful guy and his professional attitude was highly commendable.

The room was very nice with plenty of space and everything was clean and fresh.
It was very good value for money and if we are ever in the area again we will stay here. I will tell my friends that it is a great place too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NelsonTouch7

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Brian is new to our team, and has made a huge impact already. I will be sure to pass along your praise to him, and we look forward to your return.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Thank you very much we will be back. Adam Flowers went above and beyond customer service. The room was perfect. The pool was fun for the kids. My wife was very impressed. I recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lackey1967

Thank you for your recognition of Adam. He is a great asset to our hotel and we have used your comments as recognition of his great efforts.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Came in based on an excellent rate from Priceline. Staff greeted us with a complimentary bottle of water and accommodated a room change two two double beds. Didn't need the $9.95 breakfast buffet as there was a Panera that was a two minute walk away. Great other nearby restaurants. Convenient to get on the road heading to Cincinnati.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family