“Not a place for sleep”

Courtyard Louisville Northeast
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Not a place for sleep”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Nicely equipped and maintained property. Staff was friendly and hospitable especially Lisa, in the Bistro. Unfortunately, I stayed on a Friday night when the hotel was populated by some type of kids athletic teams. Sleep was impossible until well after 1am. Kids and adults running and playing games in hallways, adults having loud parties in separate rooms while kids gathered in others. Front desk notified, but no change. This seems to be a growing and common problem with hotels in this price range. Not what I paid for.

Green Features: Not a concern. Not a priority when selecting a hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chriscpd98
Jay N, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while staying at our property. We do greatly appreciate and value the feedback of our guests. Based on this feedback we are able to identify training opportunities and actions needed to ensure these challenges do not continue to impact future guests.

In regards to your specific concern, we have re-trained our staff on how to specifically handle youth and adults that may be a disturbance to our other guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to host you at our property in the future.

Best Regards,
Jay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a series of meetings and just needed an overnight stay. Check in was exceptional! By far the best check in process of any hotel I have stayed at. It was over before I knew it! And the staff was very friendly. The room was perfect for my needs. It reminded me a lot of a little studio apartment. The layout utilizes the space well. King bed, sitting area, terrific desk area and a mini fridge and microwave. The closet and bathroom were both extra spacious. Everything was very clean. The only hiccup came the next morning. I had a late meeting so I had planned on sleeping in a little. The housekeeping staff came by at 7:40. That is 6:40 CST which is what I am accustomed to so I would have liked a little while longer to sleep in. I probably should have put the so not disturb sign out but I hadn't expected them to come that early. I asked her to come back later, as did the next few rooms I heard her go to, so perhaps they could revisit this process. Other than that it was a great quick stay for business. I did not utilize any of the other amenities so is can't speak to them, but I did enjoy my stay an I will be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a quick overnight trip. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. When checking in they had already upgraded our room because of my husband's Marriott status. That is always nice.

The room was very clean and spacious. It looked well maintained and updated. It was also conveniently located to several restaurant choices within walking distance.

If you find yourself in the area for a visit, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NBRentz
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a recent soccer tournament. Always choose Marriott because you know what to expect and get great customer service. The pool area was a little small but really no big deal. The courtyard outside was nice area to eat while giving the kids a place to stay.

Stayed April 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Business travelers have unique needs such as speed, comfort, Wi-Fi, location, quick meeting space, and lots of outlets in the room and in the lobby for mobile device charging. This recently renovated (beautifully, I might add) Courtyard delivers professionally on all of the above. The Starbucks Cafe was also a great perk! I stayed here for four nights and I will return.

There are just a few things they could do to improve it - provide a higher quality bath soap, a larger workout facility, and ice machines on all floors (currently on 2nd & 4th).

But overall this is a great hotel, well located for Northeast Louisville business and surrounded by lots of amenities a business traveler can use - restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My partner and I stayed overnight in this hotel as we were traveling on business. It was very close to our meeting place and to restaurants that were available for us. The hotel has recently been updated and was decorated nicely, clean and the staff at the hotel desk was helpful. I slept well and enjoyed my short stay. I did not have time to use the fitness center but the lobby was very presentable and overall a nice stay. I would choose here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cold Spring, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel over night so that I wouldn't have to wake up super early to come down to Louisville for the Louisville Triple Crown running races. After our stay we booked for the next 2 following races too because of the nice stay and price. The lobby is very nice, the staff is extremely friendly, there is a little bar area to the right of the check-in desk that was a nice surprise. The rooms were very nice, large. The bathroom was very clean and spacious as well. The beds were a little bit too soft for my taste but that's neither here nor there. There are tons of different places to eat if you want to go outside of the hotel for dinner, on the same exit and just one exit up as well. All in all, it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends