“Great way to try new food”
Review of Louisville Food Tour - CLOSED

Louisville Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Louisville Food Tour is a culinary adventure which takes travelers on a walking tour to seek out Louisville’s best local flavors. Each tour will stop at six local restaurantsand offer guests a taste of Louisville one bite at a time.
Sellersburg, Indiana
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great way to try new food”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our tour began at Why Louisville, a shop with some funky Louisville stuff (wife bought a shirt). First stop was Rye on Market where we had a steamed okra dish and a drink called "the s...", pardon the French :). Then it was Taco Punk for a chorizo & potato taco, with pork, sausage and potato. Good stuff. Next was the French bistro La Coop, where we had a crabcake with homemade tartar sauce. First visit to a French restaurant and it was good. Then it was The Garage Bar, with a vegetable calzone with country ham. Different, but not bad. Then we went to Wiltshire on Market, where we sampled braised beef korma with saffron rice and crispy chick peas. Not too bad. Our final stop was Ghyslain on Market, which specialized in desserts. I had a vanilla chocolate chip gelato which was great, along with a Irish chocolate truffle. The tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurants on the tour change around occasionally so you may hit different ones on some trips. Well worth the visit.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank ManningAvenger

New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Restaurant heaven”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family watches Food Network so it is only natural than on vacation we take food tours in different parts of the country. This is by far one of the best food tours that I have ever taken (I can think of only one tour in Seattle that was slightly better than this one). The highlight of this tour is the fact that you get to meet the chefs and listen to their stories, see their love for food and fresh ingredients, and get a generous sample of their menu. I am even considering to go to Louisville again (though I never thought I would) just to take this tour again since there are different restaurants and different experiences every time. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Andrei S
Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Food For The Non-Foodies!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We decided to try a food tour during our visit to Louisville for the first time. I love all types if food but my husband is a meat and potatoes man. He thoroughly enjoyed this tour and said "I got to try good I would have never ordered and it was surprisingly delicious!" There were six other young couples on the tour. All locals with great advice for the rest of our trip here. The tour guide was very nice and knowledgable about the city and food. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone!

2 Thank Rkdunkin
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A foodies paradise!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Took the tour with my family for a Christmas present. Got to sample food and drinks from six great NULU restaurants and meet the owners and or chef from each. Was really special to hear their stories and hear of their passion for the food they create and the restaurants they own. Food was exceptional and plentiful (we ate until we could eat no more) and the NULU neighborhood super funky. Was interesting to see behind the scene especially the kitchen at La coop. Our group ranged in age from 4-65 and I would highly reccommend this tour to native Louisvillians and visitors alike. Bravo Louisville Tour!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Kim T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Schedule Your tour today!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to fully expect. Arrived at the orientation spot at Why Louisville on Market~An intelligent spot to start since it had many Louisville items to see and purchase-I bought a Fleur de lis cap! Then we were off to our (approximately 2.5 hour) "Tour" AMAZING...7 Restaurants in the NuLu area & guided by Kim, whose smile and personality was infectious...took us along with a unique & delicious experience at each destination. You sample delicious foods and meet amazing Chefs and staff. The amount of food is perfect for sampling and you'd think you would get full to where you couldn't eat more but even at the last stop almost all of us finished our plates. A new experience for me and I will definitely be doing it again with more friends. Thanks Kim!
A GREAT idea to share with everyone about the awesome Louisville food scene! A MUST DO if you are visiting Louisville.

3 Thank Manny U