“Christmas Dinner”

Sichuan Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #630 of 1,768 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was a bit skeptical when we entered and the place was nearly empty. I know it was Christmas but still! However, the place was clean( bathrooms too!), the staff was friendly and efficient. The vegetarian part of the menu is small but adequate.
I love Sichuan green beans, however, these were a bit too salty. The Orange beef was AMAZING! They take out the Sichuan peppers before serving so there are no surprises while eating. We were served both white and fried rice. Skip the fried rice. It is greasy and their were no veggies. The white rice was what you would expect. One of my dining companions ordered a shrimp dish. While he was happy, I thought the shrimp was over cooked. The Moo Shu people in our crowd were happy with their selections. In some Chinese restaurants you make put together your own pancakes. Here it is done for you and the extra sauce is put on the table in a ketchup squirter. The hot and sour soup, while adequate was not great. I am a very picky hot and sour soup fan.
The service was good and fairly timly While there is ample parking, if you have a dining companion with problems getting around, it is a long walk from the parking lot to the door.

• Visited December 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Took the whole family screaming baby included. The place is really nice inside, upscale but fair prices and Good size portions. Good food. Quiet and the staff was friendly. Also fast!

Visited October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very Good chinese”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was an early Thursday night and very few people were their. We were a little concerned by the low volume. Our concern was whisked away by the dinner for two.. It came with 2 egg rolls, 2 crab ragoons and 2 soups..We also got to choose 2 entrees from the menu (any entrees) not just the one they suggested. We chose Mongolian Beef and War sui gai(?) ........All of the appetizers and both meals were of great quality and quantity. We thought we would have left overs-but no way-we ate the whole thing. Great meal....It's a little out of the way and hard to find, but well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Super Experience”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have been there for several times, and it is definitely my new favorite Chinese Restaurant. The great environment impressed me when I went there the first time. The people there (Husband and Wife run) are super nice, they make you feel really comfortable and well-served. And the food, it is delicious and really good portion. We always share the food whenever we go there. I will not switch to any other places in Louisville at all. Sichuan Garden is really the top!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Family Run Resteraunt”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Husband and Wife ran restaurant. Great service and even better authentic food. My wife and I frequent a couple times a week. My favorite place in Louisville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013