“We will definitely come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dupont Mansion B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Dupont Mansion B&B
Ranked #2 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Ohio
“We will definitely come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

We had a wonderful stay here! This is a beautiful place! The rooms are beautiful! Genny the Innkeeper is so cheery and so nice! Genny's breakfast was great! We loved this place and will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My partner and I wished we could have spent more time in Louisville, largely because of the wonderful experience of staying at the Dupont Mansion. Not only is its old-world elegance (although it is up to date with modern amenities and spotlessly clean) a delight, (complete with decanted wine in every room!), but the neighborhood was a revelation: it is a treasure trove of Victorian mansions and gardens, all beautifully and lovingly restored. Genny was a paragon of southern hospitality, from her warm greeting through her getting up at the crack of dawn to cook us a delicious breakfast. Our ensuite room was spacious, elegant, quiet, private, and thoroughly comfortable. In short, we cannot recommend the Dupont Mansion highly enough to anyone who appreciates travel and beautiful accomodations, even those who are generally wary of B&Bs (and no, I am not a relative or friend of the owners!).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Severals month ago, I was searching for a bed and breakfast in Historic Old Louisville. My husband and I wanted an elegant, intimate place to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. I was born and raised in Louisville. My husband is European and so, therefore, we had our wedding in Europe and we currently reside there as well. So we had decided to do a celebration in Lousiville for the ones that could not make it to our wedding last year. One day, several months ago, I starting calling around to different bed and breakfast places in Louisville. Something about the Dupont Mansion stood out to me once I had talk with Herb (the owner) over the phone. I explained to Herb about my situation of living so far away but wanting to celebrate our anniversary in Old Louisville. He was not fazed one bit by us living so far away. Instead he seemed very delighted to deal with us and willing to give us a chance to celebrate at his beautiful bed and breakfast. From that moment on, I dealt with Herb's wife, Gayle. Gayle showed such true southern charm during our party planning. Again, although I was far away, Gayle was always willing to answer any questions or concerns I may have had during the months that we took to plan our party. Upon arriving to the bed and breakfast, Ginny (the housekeeper), was so hospitable and polite. She told us about the history of the Dupont and she even had a batch of warm peanut butter cookies waiting for us in the kitchen. My husband and I stayed in the Grover Cleveland Room. It was just an elegant, bright, cozy room with a beautiful large bathroom and tub. Every morning, we had a lovely, tasty breakfast served by Ginny. There were nice morning conversations at the breakfast table with Ginny and the other guests at the manison. Every guest we spoke with were having many pleasant experiences as well. Last, but definitely not least, our anniversary celebration was held in the Dupont and across the street at The Inn at the Park. Originally, we were to have part of our party outside in their gorgeous courtyard. However, with the heat index being well over 100 degress, Gayle was so kind to offer us the opportunity to experience inside both their beautiful mansions for the party. Both mansions (located across the street from each other) were very pleasant and comfortable for everyone during the celebration. Everything was perfect from the beautiful decor to the mouth watering bacon wrapped dates and vegetable h'orderves, a scrumptous dinner of delicious roast beef with hoarse radish cream sauce, and a moist chocolate cake for dessert. This all being served by Sherry and her lovely kitchen crew. Also, we had a beautiful harp and piano player. Our guests are still talking about our party from a month ago. The celebration will forever be remembered as a warm spot in our hearts. Thank you very much to Herb, Gayle, Genny, Sherry, John, and Helga for their utmost hospitality during our stay and celebration! We will definitley come back for many more anniversary celebrations to come! :)

Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted a romantic getaway just to relax and get away for the weekend. We could not have picked a better place. The Dupont Mansion was amazing!! The house itself is exceptional! We arrived late after checkout at about 9. Ginny called to make sure we were not lost. Right as we were walking up to the house she was waiting to welcome us at the door. Ginny is wonderful! She made our experience even more special. This was our first experience with a Bed and Breakfast and we will for sure be back to do it again! I HIGHLY recommend the Dupont Mansion to anyone! I cannot think of one thing that could have made our experience any better. :)

Room Tip: Feels right at home
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

This was my first B&B experience and I loved it!
The house has a southern charm, it is beautifully and tastefully decorated, the owners are super friendly, and the breakfast was healthy, (big), and delicious. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get to experience the presence of Uncle Freddie's ghost, but I enjoyed the stories about him.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I've been to a few B&Bs so I can say this one is top shelf. Excellent service does not begin to describe the experience. The innkeeper was terrific--she did not make us feel at home, she made us feel this WAS our home. The property is excellently maintained, spotless and elegant. Beautiful furniture consistent with the period perfectly appoints the home throughout, The owner hit the sweet spot--restoring it to the elegance of the Vctorian period but incorporating enough modern amenities and design sensibilites so that you feel like you are staying in a fine hotel, not a museum. Our room (Edison) was fantastic, comfortable, amazingly quiet! Never heard any outside noise from other guests or from the city even though we were in/near downtown. Extremely spacious bathroom.with all modern amenties (shower, Jacuzzi bath). Outside the comfortable stay, if you are into old restored homes and the history that often accompanies them (yes, it is "THE" duPont family for which it is named), this is the place for you. Don't forget to check out the doors---yes, the DOORS, especially on the first level. They are, well, you just have to see them. Note--all bedrooms I believe are on 2nd floor, reachable only by stairs (no elevator).

Room Tip: Thomas Edison room best value--comfortable, very quiet, spacious bathroom. Rumor has it as the owne...
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in the JP Morgan room for a long weekend getaway. Not only were the furnishings of the house lovely from the period antiques and draperies to the original wood floors, but the house was also very comfortable. We enjoyed hanging out in the back yard/deck area and also the parlor one evening with our books, curled up on a sofa. Genny was such a gracious hostess and catered to our every request. The room and bath were very clean and well appointed including a jetted tub that I took advantage of one night during our stay. Breakfast was a treat every morning. I would say the only negative is in the surrounding area which is in transition, but this would apply to all the B&B's in the area since they are in the historical district. Everything about the home exceeded our expectations and there is no where else in Louisville we would ever consider staying but the Dupont Mansion.