“Worst sushi in 10 years!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Neighbourhood: Clifton
Lexington, KY
“Worst sushi in 10 years!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We eat sushi every Friday and thought perhaps it's time for something new. This was the worst $70 spent ever on sushi. We rarely use soy sauce because we'd rather enjoy the true flavor of the fish. Their fish had no flavor, so we were forced to use soy sauce. The rolls were smaller than we'd ever been served and came with a top-dollar price. We didn't see one Asian person working there which immediately caused us to question their authenticity. The icing on the cake was it took over 35 minutes to get our food. We will never waste our money again eating there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Louisville, Kentucky
“Love the menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I love this place, and it's right in my neighborhood. The eclectic menu allows us to sample many different dishes, and we love them all. When I am in the mood for sake and sushi this is where I want to go.

4 Thank Rebecca H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tried going on a Friday to find them closed for unknown reasons!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

No longer residents of Louisville, we drove an hour just to have Maido's one Friday evening. I had checked the website that day to check the hours and there was no indication that they would not be open. We arrived at the restaurant around 7 pm on Friday evening to find the entire restaurant closed - no note, no nothing. To say we were displeased would be an underestimate. While looking through the window, I called the restaurant to see if there was any message indicating the issue - again, nothing. I even emailed the restaurant through their website asking if this was a temporary closure or if it was an extended closing. I never heard back and thanks to this experience, we won't return. That night we ended up at Sapporo and I've really grown to love their sushi and service (much better than Maido's lackluster service). We've driven into Louisville a number of time since just for Sapporo's sushi. So thanks Maido for closing down unexpectedly and never responding to my inquiriy - I've discovered Sapporo's and you've been replaced.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“I still love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I go here a few times a year and am always pleased. It is not a typical sushi place but the sushi is very well made. While there is a bit of variability depending on who is in the kitchen I have never been disappointed. I try to stay with traditional items but they have the gamut of more modern sushi creations with less of the modern sauces I don't care for. A major plus is the selection of quality craft beers you don't see at most sushi places. Good happy hour prices too!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank ArfOtis
Louisville, Kentucky
“delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is my favorite sushi restaurant in Louisville. While most sushi restaurants are frying and smothering sushi rolls in sweet sauces, Maido keeps things nice and simple. They also offer small plates, so you can try different dishes to make a complete meal.

• Visited July 2011