“Best in Town”

Shalimar Indian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Shalimar Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Cross street: Bunsen Way
Description: Growing up in an immigrant Indian family, we understood that America is the land of opportunity, where dreams come true. We're grateful to all the guests who have given us the opportunity to share our vision. Some restaurants are ideal for special occasions. Indeed we hope many of you, our guests, will celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other memorable events with us. But, at Shalimar we strive to make every lunch and dinner a special occasion for every guest. When we open the doors to the restaurant for lunch, dinner or catering, it's as if we're opening the doors to our own homes and inviting guests to enjoy extraordinary food paired with a rich Indian lager beer or a glass of wine from our extensive wine list. Our menu features the finest Northern Indian entrees and our specialty Tandoori (Clay Oven) dishes. Shalimar is elegant, relaxed, and affordable, inviting guests to enjoy the hospitality that reflects our Indian heritage.
“Best in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

In my opinion, Shalimar is the best Indian food in Louisville. Pretty space, excellent service. Usually busy at lunch as they have a buffet. Great date night option.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank lilly89

Louisville, Kentucky
“Always a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We love Shalimar and are never disappointed when we have an evening meal there. The service is absolutely the best. Service is always quick - I don't think our water glasses ever got more than half-empty before they were filled again. When I needed a box for the rest of my meal they brought one quickly and then returned with a bag to put the box in, and neatly tied it up. It may feel like they are rushing you, but it is just the efficient way they serve customers. We have never had anything but a wonderful meal there. The House Special Biryani was great with just the right amount of heat, and the Chicken Korma my husband ordered is one of his favorite dishes from there along with the Chicken Curry. There are so many choices on the menu that you could go quite often and not have the same dish twice.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BuckeyeGal54
drexel
“Turned on to Indian food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I was introduced to this wonderfully different taste just a few years ago in K. City & can't get enough of it. I would of given a five star to Shalimar's if the buffet was much bigger. It was quite small & was disappointed even though it was delicious.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank marilyn s
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We love Shalimar! Everytime we go the food is excellent, staff is friendly, and there is never a wait. Its been one of our favorite places to eat in Louisville for three years now. Great job!

• Visited February 2013
Orange, TX
“When good goes really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stopped in on a Friday evening after seeing the reviews here. I had never tried Indian cuisine before but my co-worker agreed to walk me through the menu.
We ordered a few different things to try and truthfully I was really enjoying it. We had ordered ours with mild seasoning as I was concerned with how hot it would be. We should have at least went with medium.
The real problem seemed to start with desert. The cheesecake we tried was inedible to both of us. After returning to the hotel for the evening, bit of us were violently sick. Horribly violently sick.
I really can't say if it was the cheesecake or possibly the chicken we had but my co-worker was a big fan of Indian food - but like me has sworn off all Indian food for the foreseeable future.

• Visited March 2013