“Nice Stay”

Ranked #61 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 14 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I would only stay here if it was a REALLY good deal. Nothing to be impressed about, for the money I would stay at another location. Service was friendly, however, not too impressive.We did enjoy the breakfast host.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
sharon k, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, but am a little concerned that you did not feel welcomed otherwise at the hotel. If you would like to email or call me with some details about your stay I would like to know more so that I can address your concerns.

Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I like to make sure all of our guests are satisfied while staying with us. I would like to know what I could do to make your next visit more enjoyable. Again, my sincerest apologies and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sharon Klein
Front Desk Manager
(502)964-0740

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I and my wife were traveling to Louisville to have Thanksgiving with my family. We arrived a bit early and explained to the front desk that we needed to change and freshen up for our family dinner occuring within two hours. The hotel front desk employee was very prompt and matter of fact that there were no clean rooms available (this took place at noon on Saturday). I suppose I should not complain because they do have a printed check-in time, however I and my wife are used to a more can do attitude with a little more southern charm.
Overall the room was decent, large, and modern. Location is 15 min to any thing and everything Louisville. Shoney's, Outback, Friches (Big Boy), Waffle House, India House, etc with in walking distance. No hot tub, modern large pool, airport shuttle, free breakfast and a good bang for the buck without southern hospitality.

Room Tip: If you're fllying in and do not have a car than any room will do. If you want to keep an eye on...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Comfort Suites, Louisville,Ky. My sincerest aplologies for not feeling welcomed upon your arrival. I can assure you this is not our normal standard, we think every guest should feel welcomed. As far as the rooms not being ready I looked into the day before your arrival and the hotel was sold out, normally if we there is a room clean early check-in is not a problem.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention and I hope you will give us a second chance next time you visit Louisville. If I can be of any future assistance please feel free to call me anytime. (502)964-0740

Sharon Klein
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights late October 2012. The property has great access to I65. It was a good location for my work, only a quick 10 min drive all interstate, and the price for the property was great. A corporate rate between $66-78. I was able to add my 6th night for a reasonable rate just for my own convenience without issue (Other than whatever they did in their system didn't let my key work on the day I "checked out" and then checked back in under different credit card.)

Summary-I would likely stay here again for a good rate, however it would not be in the dead of winter or summer where the A/C Heater unit would be required. It was the loudest unit ever and made it very difficult to sleep. The place was clean and overall served as quite a decent Comfort Suites. I love the non-smoking policy. See more details below.

The positives -- VERY CLEAN. Some places you just get the "feeling". Not so here, very clean and maintained. The bathroom sink and counter area was large enough for all my toiletries without crowding. I liked the granite counter. Nice tile floor. Fixtures in the shower just so-so, but no issues with water (always hot and plenty of pressure)

Workout room - there were 3 treadmills, although one was in pretty rough shape. Always cool so no temperature issues there.

No concerns from Highway or Airport Noise - I really didn't have any issues. I did not hear the highway (ask for an odd numbered room on the "east" side of the building, a little farther yet from the highway) Only one early morning did I wake up (Bad dream) and hear the big UPS jets landing at the airport. Friday night there were some rednecks that checked into a room across the hall who were loud and rolling their coolers down the hall around 10-11 at night. Rude guests, luckily they quieted down as I was about to call the front desk.

The negatives --
NOISE IN THE ROOM DUE TO THE ABSOLUTE LOUDEST A/C Heater unit I've ever encountered and I've stayed all over the country. I tried earplugs, but every time it cycled on, it woke me up. It was obnoxious. By night 3 I came to realize the unit must be completely OFF for me to get any peace in order to rest. Obviously if you have it off, you can't maintain the temperature which would be bad if very hot or very cold outside.

Breakfast - The "hot" items at breakfast were simply nasty. Don't bother to go unless you just want cereal (only 3 options there). The hot chocolate from the machine was good though.

Smell in the lobby -- every day there was a "body odor" smell in the lobby. I never could quite figure it out. Perhaps an airfreshener plugged in somewhere in the room would help make a better first impression.

Overall an okay stay (obviously not too bad if I stayed 6 nights, right?). The price was right for the room and location really worked for me. It was also great as only about 7 mins to return my car at the airport for my flight out. If you go knowing the AC unit is really loud and expect a typical comfort suites stay, you should be okay. (I just wish all Comfort Suites could be like the Comfort Suites in Ontario, CA near the airport! The best ever.)

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room to be on the "east" side of building, away from highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Comfort Suites always delivers on cleanliness, comfort, and value, and this hotel was no exception. We used their park-n-fly/airport shuttle service and saved a bundle. No airport hassle or parking fees, and speedy, right-on-time service. A hot continental breakfast was included. We'll definitely stay here again when we fly out of Louisville.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruth P
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience with our other travelers. We are fortunate to have a wonderful staff working with us for many years who take pride in their work. We realize you had many choices of hotels to choose from and are glad you choose Comfort Suites. We enjoy having our guests stay with us and if we can be of any assistance in the future please dont hesitate to call. Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Our youth group stayed for a week and the room was very comfortable. The cleaning staff was excellent and very nice. The breakfast staff during weekdays was very nice and it was a good breakfast. The front desk staff was a bit more serious, but they weren't mean or rude about anything. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricardo V
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future, If we can be of any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to call.

Thank you again and have a great.day.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Very impressed with the customer service. I was a bit of a pain in the butt because I was in the area house-hunting and kept having to extend my stay at the last minute, but everyone was very friendly about it. The shuttle was great when I flew out, and when I accidentally left my carry-on bag in the van I was able to get ahold of the front desk and it was brought back to me in a matter of minutes. Whew!

Room was very large and nice. I do agree with a previous reviewer that the bathroom could use some updating, but not even the WHOLE bathroom, just maybe the tub/shower. Also, housekeeping came twice a day - once in the morning and did the linens, and then again in the afternoon to do the bathrooms/vacuum (this is something I noticed over the course of staying almost a week). Seemed odd to me, but then again I don't know anything about the hotel industry so maybe this is just how it works and I was never aware before.

Although it is the kind of area you would expect around the airport, there are a bunch of places to eat. On a previous stay, we stayed at the La Quinta which is rated phenomenally, and I don't quite get. It was fine, but our room had a weird smell and the area felt WAY sketchier. I would pick this hotel and area over that in a heartbeat.

Also, neither me nor my fiancé noticed the airport traffic at ALL.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.