“Convenient, clean, & quiet”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #63 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Only about 10 minutes from the airport and right off of the interstate. Nothing fancy, but the room was spacious, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was well stocked with variety and staff was friendly. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests. We value their opinions and suggestions.
We hope to see you again soon so that we may thank you in person.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here the weekend of Oct. 4 & 5. The rooms were not ready for our large party and we waited outside in the hall until they were finished. Rooms were clean and breakfast ok. I never saw the staff at the front desk. When you did see staff, they were unfriendly and made you feel like you were intruding. The only time I saw a smile on their face was when we were walking out the door with our suitcase.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
sharon k, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I sincerely apologize for the unwelocme feeling you received while staying with us. This is not our normal atmosphere and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will look into this to make sure it does not happen again. We are always glad to hear from our guests on their stays to see where we need to improve. I hope you will give us a second chance next time you are in Louisville and if I can help in any way with your next visit pleas let me know.

Thank you again for the comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My title says it all. This is what I want in a place to spend the night. Even though this hotel was close to the airport, we were not bothered by plane noise. The room was clean, the bath was clean with plenty of towels provided. The breakfast was well-stocked and had plenty of choices. We would stay here again if in the area. It was close enough to Mega Cavern, Churchill Downs and the Slugger Museum to get to all three easily and tour before the afternoon was over.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We realize you have many choices for hotels in Louisville,Ky and we are glad you choose Comfort Suites Airport. It is always nice to hear from our guests to help us in any areas we need to improve. We look forward to your next visit so we may thank you in person.

Sharon

Reviewed 11 August 2013

When I came to check in, "the system was down" and had to wait 2 hours to check in - even though I prepaid.

When I finally got to the room, the room had bad stains on the carpet - neither bedside lamp worked - the clock was unplugged - the privacy curtains would not close all the way because they were broke, the drain was slow, the shower curtain had holes in it. The AC had to be turned off and on for it to cool properly. WiFi did not work until hours later and the signal was about the same strength as dial up. I needed to print a page for my meeting that I had to edit and the printer was out of order.

The entrance door at the end of the hall (by the stairs) did not shut and anyone could come in if they wanted to - did not feel safe at all.

I left a tip for room service - they thanked me by not leaving me with any coffee and left the coffeemaker dirty. It appeared that the towels were exchanged and the bed made up and that was it. floors were not vaccumed and the furniture was not cleaned

I did not expect this to be the Marriott, but I did expect to get what I paid for! Safety, desk service and a clean room. I travel a lot and this was one of the worst if not THE worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Management should be embarrassed! This place is unfit for paying guests.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here..Stay in rooms away from the end of the hall. The door is jammed open
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Peabocoop
sharon k, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. We appreciate all types of feedback as it helps us in improving our service. However we are very saddened and surprised at this feedback seeing our hotel has always strived to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. It is also very surprising that your review states that our system was down. We had no occurrences of a system malfunction. This hotel also a manual check-in process for emergencies; Hence if our system was down, no guest would have to wait 2 hours to be checked in the hotel.

Again, our WIFI is functional and our business center is up and running.

As in seen in our previous reviews,, we have had very positive feedback from our guests. Our rooms are cleaned immaculately daily. Hence the reason we are surprised.
The hotel has very excellent quality service scores and we work tirelessly to ensure that our scores are maintained above Choice Hotels' standards. We welcome you to contact us directly to discuss this review as we are confident there are many inaccuries. We look forward to hearing from you soon.!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We love staying at the Comfort Suites. We love their breakfast, quality of rooms and being Choice Privilege members. The hotel was great. Only reason it's not a 5 is because it's not trying to be a 5 star hotel. The accommodations could be better but for what it is, It's a solid hotel.

Our family loves choice hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being part of the Choice rewards program. We look forward to your visit and if there is anything I can do make your next visit more pleasant please let me know.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had booked this place as a stop over during our drive to the Smokey Mountains. I had read all the reviews and liked the idea of being on the edge of town, avoiding the hustle, and getting some rest. Much to our surprise, the room was very clean, all the amenities that came with the room worked, I've had some not work, like the microwave and fridge, but, the rest of our evening was non eventful. The airport is really far off, and about the only plane you hear is a jumbo jet, if any come in. This was great, we got some needed rest, and for dining, there is some places close by, Asian, Mexican, and Buffet style, but the true gem is not at the Comfort Inn, but next door, at the Holiday inn, they have a Top notch Sports Bar, with sandwiches, steak and even kids meals. This was even better for we can walk to everything we needed and leave the car parked. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Chad H

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We here at Comfort Suites Airport strive to make sure our guests are comfortable while away from home. If there is anything we can do to make your next visit more plesant please let us know. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The hotel was convenient to the attractions we were going to. Even though it was very close to the airport we did not hear the planes. Breakfast consisted of biscuits, gravy, waffles, cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc. Much to choose from and something for everyone. Front desk staff was friendly. The only "complaint" I have is that the pool was small and only allowed 5 persons at a time. Several restaurants nearby. East access to/from Interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Enaid8991

Thank you so much for the nice review. The number of people in the pool is set by the health department because we do not have a lifeguard on duty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.