“Our stay could not have been better”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #61 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Chicago, Illinois
“Our stay could not have been better”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived very late. The staff was friendly. Our room was quiet and with the hotel being full. We did not hear our neighbors. Room darkening drapes covered the whole window. Breakfast had a good variety of food and was open until 10:30 am.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank havinfun21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Corona, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We are traveling across the country and needed a clean, inexpensive, and safe place to stay for one night. This was it. The whole family was happy here. The laundry facilities were easy to use. The kids enjoyed the pool. It's walking distance to several eating eating and a short drive to Walgreens.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank leemary1
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the awesome review. Next time you travel through Louisville you should visit the newly renovated Kentucky Kingdom and we offer discounted tickets at the front desk. I am pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing soon.
Morrison, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This Comfort Suites was the typical that I have come to expect (and we use this chain a lot) with clean rooms, comfortable beds and a very good breakfast. All was true for this hotel and our expectations were not disappointed. That being said, the front desk service we received was what we will not soon forget. The employees went above and beyond to welcome us and tried their best to get us adjoining rooms which didn't happen due to being very busy, but they certainly tried, We were enroute to a week's vacation and had food that needed to be frozen and they gladly marked our food and placed it in their deep freezer which was very kind. We had another very nice employee on Sunday morning that also made sure we got our food before we left. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast server kept the large variety of food available well stocked, in spite of it being busy. I certainly hope we will be able to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: In spite of the fact this is a hotel next to an airport, we never heard an airplane while we were in...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gowithseniors
sharon k, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your review with other travelers. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for every guest to ensure their stay is a positive experience. We hope to see again next time you are traveling trough our lovely city.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel was old, but clean, and rooms and public areas were in need of updating. It was also overpriced the weekend night we stayed, and I would have expected more for the money ($119). Paid for a Queen Suite, and our room was 2 queen beds, and a VERY small single couch/sofabed with a single tv and a tiny coffee table. Even the Comfort Suites "partial divider" suites we have stayed at had more of a separation between the beds and the sitting area. Breakfast was average, but well stocked. Would probably look elsewhere next time through Louisville.

Room Tip: don't waste money on a suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
My apologies for your recent stay at our Hotel. Our prices are comparable for other hotels in the area, as well as the amenities are by Choice standards, I am sorry you felt them unaccommodating. We want to make sure all of guests leave satisfied. We are going through some renovations and hope you will give us a second chance next time you visit the city.
Northwestern Ohio
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here to get off the highway during the beginning of an ice and snow storm. We stay at Comfort Suites hotels often, this one was similar but newer and nicer. Very clean, well decorated, friendly service, and quieter than many hotels we stay in. Only thing I would point out is that I wish they used their shuttle service for something besides going back and forth to the airport, it would have been nice to get a ride to a nearby restaurant so we could have some cocktails. We just drove ourselves and one of us just had one drink. The breakfast food looked good but we didn't stay for breakfast, just got back on the road to drive home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for the review, we are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay during the ice storm. For future referance the mexican restaurant and the Holiday Inn both on either side of us have bars inside within walking distance. We can always call you a cab if you wish. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Huntingburg, Indiana
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before and thought it was nice, but I just stayed here January 27-30. Checking out on the 30, I will never stay here again and wanted to let people know. I got bed bugs. I had to take a personal day to go to the doctor had to take all my stuff to the laundromat get a new suitcase. I am ate up. I was given a $100.00 to reimburse me for my luggage. I am praying I didn't bring them home with me, I left my luggage there. I bought garbage bags to put my clothes in. I threw away my tennis shoes. I have stayed all over the country and this is the first time this has ever happened. I know it can happen, but when I started searching I found this hotel has had them before.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank afgeis
sharon k, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
First, let me sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. This is not a normal occurence for us, we get monthly services provided by a reputible pest control company. We take these issues very seriously and the room has been checked out and serviced by our pest control company, This is our first occurence and I'm sure, with you being a traveler as you stated, can understand we cannot control everything that guests may bring in to the property. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Only about 10 minutes from the airport and right off of the interstate. Nothing fancy, but the room was spacious, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was well stocked with variety and staff was friendly. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests. We value their opinions and suggestions.
We hope to see you again soon so that we may thank you in person.