“Great Hotel”

Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #35 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We just returned home from a four night stay at the Residence Inn Downtown, Louisville, KY. The hotel is located in a unique area of Downtown Louisville where old historic buildings have been or currently are being renovated for apartments,condos,businesses, etc. Lots of great restaurants in the downtown area. Quick access to freeways. Hotel has been recently renovated throughout. Very colorful decor. We stayed in a Studio Suite. Very spacious for us. Qeen bed, sleeper sofa, desk, large closet, large bathroom vanity, decent size bathroom, full kitchen with all the dishes, pots and pans, and a table with two chairs. Pictures of the suite are accurate. Loved that the suite had two large windows. Breakfast was outstanding and offered much more than many hotels do and it is free. The menu may vary from day to day offering biscuits and gravy, mixed fruit, watermelon, donuts, pastries, bagels, waffle pancakes, wedge potatoes, scrambled eggs, cereals, juices, coffee, oatmeal, and lots of other items. We stay in many Marriott brand hotels and some non-Marriott hotels and this Residence Inn has the best and most outstanding breakfast I've had in a hotel. Kitchen staff was very friendly and accomodating and kept food well stocked.
Roger at the front desk was very pleasant and friendly and made us feel at home the entire stay and also gave us some good hints and suggestions about what to do in the area and the local restaurants. It was a pleasure to deal with Roger and the entire staff at the Residence Inn Downtown Louisville.
We have no complaints about our stay. We were very well taken care of and made to feel very welcome. We will certainly return and recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Danny B
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Danny B.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. Being in this business for quite a while now there is nothing more refreshing than finding out one of our staff members made a big enough impression on one of our guest that they took the time to let us know. Roger does a very nice job and I am glad he was one of the stand outs that made your stay enjoyable.

Warm regardzs,

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Louisville Downtown

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Just stayed here for one night with 3 adults and one 1 year old in a studio room. It was great - full sized refrigerator and kitchenette, friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast + free parking + free wireless - really a great deal. It rained all weekend, so we did not do much walking from the hotel, but everything to see is just nearby (Museums, parks, etc.).

We will definitely return here next time in Louisville.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

S.S.,

Thank you so much for letting us know you enjoyed your stay and that the room was perfect for your family of 4. We hope to see you again in the near future and hopefully mother nature will be in a better mood next time.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I can't say enough about our stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Downtown Louisville, KY. Being a Tampa resident I get to visit and stay at Walt Disney World resort hotels quite frequently. They are world known for their attention, hospitality and extraordinaire guest services. Our Marriott experience at the Downtown Residence Inn rivaled and exceeded many of our experiences at many other resorts. I drove from Tampa to Louisville in one day to take part in the 2012 Ironman Louisville competition. During check, in the staff was supper attentive, courteous and very professional. The manager assisting the front desk clerk was personally taking his time, and to my surprise, was even providing race related information to other guests checking in. That's no easy task. Ironman race logistics are no easy task, and Louisville is probably one of the most complicated ones. The manager (who's name I didn't get due to all the rush) was very well educated on the logistics, course and several other pieces of important information and was passing this information one by one to everyone. Very Impressing.

I have to echo many of the other good reviews left by other travelers: rooms were very clean and spacious, I didn't bring any pets, but I did grab a few of the free snacks the had on the counter to bring back to our dog. I got addicted to their water jug by the front desk, which was changed everyday with different fruits. During race morning (0400 or so) they set up a table by the exit with fruits, water bottles, and energy bars for all athletes heading out to the race. THAT WAS A NICE TOUCH. Location is excellent, about 1/4 to 1/2 mile to mayor venues. Breakfast was excellent, great variety and good quality. Loved the belgian waffles and fresh toppings.

It was also good to see one of the managers interact with the staff in a very polite and professional manner. The housekeeping staff was mostly Hispanic and to ensure directions were followed correctly the manager even went the extra mile as to speak (broken, but good) Spanish to them without being condescending (BTW, I'm Hispanic), in my opinion that reflects a lot of respect and character. The same values of politeness, friendliness and professionalism were demonstrated by every staff member we encountered. I'm no an conforming guest. If I pay for a service, I expect such service. The staff and facilities at the Marriott Residence Inn excelled at all this. They not only met our needs and expectations, but far exceeded them. That is the pure definition of EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Unfurtunately, I didn't finish the race, but I'll be back next year to get my revenge and the Marriot Residence Inn will be, once again, our lodging facility of choice.

Room Tip: If you travel with companions, is definitely worth it to get the one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ramon P
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Ramon,

Thank you so much for taking your time to describe in great detail the wonderful stay you had at our property. I'm so proud that our excellent customer service stood out to you as my staff and I take great pride in delivering high level service to every guest. I'm sorry you didn't finish the race, but hope to see you back next year and maybe I can find enough pep in my step to enter the event with you next year.

Mark kirsch-General Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The rooms are really nice-clean, newly remodeled & very spacious. The staff is friendly & very accommodating, plus there's a free breakfast. We were travelling with two dogs & the hotel is pet-friendly & they don't charge extra for the pets which was a bonus. The only "issue" is that it's not as close to the KFC Yum center as advertised (it's 4 city blocks away, not 700 yards) and it's on the edge of an area that's being redeveloped. The hotel is safe but the surrounding area is a little sketchy right now. I'm sure it's going to improve so I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SuzyRW

Suzy,

Thank you and your two dogs for your business! I truly appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about the stay at our hotel. I'm glad you found our hotel clean and our staff was friendly. I hope to see you back again in the near future.

Mark Kirsch-General Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was helpful and fulfilled all requests in a timely manner. Very close to slugger field and a little over a mile to the museum.

The breakfast was fantastic. Our only complaint is they did not remake the oatmeal when they ran out because it takes to long. A waste issue I am guessing.

Not the best area, but we felt safe. Our group agreed we would stay again minus kids as the pool has a capacity of five. We had to leave the pool because it was getting dangerous with 10 kids in it. have to have a good pool when traveling with kids.

Overall great hotel

• Stayed: August 2012
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

KC,

Were so glad to hear that you enjoyed youe stay at our property. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of my team!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

What an absolutely wonderful stay here. Everything, I mean everything was perfect, thats hard to do. I was really impressed by the consistency of the staff, all of them were super friendly, always smiling and ready to meet any request. Always fresh coffee and a different fruit in the ice water every day by the front desk was a nice touch in July. Pool area was very nice, although indoors, for a downtown hotel location. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very nicely appointed, and comfortable in every way. 2 full separate bathrooms was a nice feature as well. I will definitely seek out this brand in the future now! My only wish was for a comfortable outdoor space at the hotel, although the lobby was very very plush and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

WOW!
This is the reason my staff and I get up and come to work. Thatnk you so much for your kind words. This is what we strive for to not only meet, but to exceed our guest expectations. My staff will be so excited to hear what you thought of our property and our team.

Warm Regards,

Mark Kirsch-GM

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We were in Louisville for a convention at the International Conference, and we chose the Residence Inn because we would have a full kitchen and could keep our small dog. However, we decided to leave the dog with family because of our schedule at the convention.

We had a studio unit, which included a queen bed, full kitchen with dishwasher and garbage disposal, ice-maker, and a queen sleeper in the living area. It was pleasantly decorated and in new-like condition. The kitchen had granite counter tops and stainless appliances, and was stocked with service for four. The bath was divided, the shower/tub combination in one room with the sink in the second room with the closet, located next to bedroom. The bed was comfortable, and we had plenty of pillows. The television was about a 40-inch flat screen that was located in a way that it could be rotated into the living area where the sectional sofa with chaise was located or into the bed area. the only thing that would have improved the experience would be to have two tvs so two people could watch different shows at the same time, but they would be back to back, and the sound would be a problem.

I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste, and they were provided compliments of the hotel.

A full, hot breakfast was provided each morning from 6:30 to 9:30 weekdays and 7:00 to 10:00 on the weekend. The food never ran out. They continued to bring food throughout the morning, and it was crowded each day we were there. We stayed from Wednesday to Sunday. The eggs and bacon were delicious, as were the bagels, pancakes, and waffles. I particularly enjoyed the orange/guava juice. They also had orange, apple, and other juices, assorted cereals, donuts and pastries, sausage, boiled eggs, oatmean, etc., as well as coffee and tea and milk, both 2% and skim (my favorite).

We had thought parking would be $10 per night. However, it was complimentary. We were also able to leave our car in the indoor garage all week and even on Sunday after we had checked out and were not ready to leave Louisville downtown. We paid $99 per night at this location.

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay one of the best we have ever experienced. We travel at least half a dozen times per year, and this rates at the top of our travel experiences in places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm regards