“Not a hotel, but an Experience.”

21c Museum Hotel Louisville
Ranked #5 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 10 January 2014

If you are looking for a place to simple crash, this is not for you. If you are up for an 'experience', give this hotel a shot. Simply wander around and take it all in, theres a reason why its called a Museum hotel. (It's also a modern Art museum)

This hotel does not only provide a relaxing environment, the entire place "feeds your soul". There are too many things to discover to list, I mean, what hotel has a copy of Modern Farmer in your room?

The hotel exhibits rotate every 4-8 months, so return trips will have new Art to appreciate.

And a quick tip, use the mens room. this place has the most amazing mens bathroom you will ever see.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Laura S, Sales Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hi zards,
It sounds like you had a fantastic time during your visit to 21c Louisville! I am glad to hear that "your soul was fed" during your experience here. Be sure to checkout our sister properties in Cincinnati and Bentonville--I think you'll enjoy their museums and hotel accommodations as well.

There are newer reviews for 21c Museum Hotel Louisville

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The art museum within a hotel concept was unique and fun.
The room was spacious. The restaurant was excellent and the staff made me feel like I was a friend there for a visit. Only negative was that this hotel was quite close to street and a bit noisy at night. All in all a tremendous experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello davew49,
I am pleased to hear that you found our property to be unique and fun! On your next visit, I would recommend reserving one of our Deluxe Guestrooms that face the interior of our property. These rooms tend to be a little quieter as they are away from Seventh and Main Streets. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The 21c is probably the coolest hotel I've ever stayed at. My wife and I stayed here with some friends for a couple nights over Thanksgiving break a year ago and we were all pretty blown away. The hotel and the rooms are great and the art museum (which is basically the whole hotel but mainly the ground floors) is legit. A lot of the art exhibits here are the kind that are semi-interactive and modern. Extremely cool and worth the relative expense in my opinion. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

The 21c is also right in the heart of downtown Louisville too which makes it a great access point to other attractions in the area. The bar/restaurant at the hotel is also excellent. If you're spending any time in downtown Louisville I would highly recommend staying here if possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Sean,
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at 21c last year. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Louisville.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Let me start out by saying, I do travel a bit, and I am a graduate of the Cornell Hotel school. I point that out just in case any reader, or the property, thinks that I'm not well-grounded in what constitutes good service or a nice property.

I made a reservation through my preferred airlines points program. When I got to the 21c, I was not given the size room that I had reserved, and pre-paid for. I was told by the desk that this occurred because I was paying a reduced room rate through the third-party booking system. That was strike one.
When we returned from my nephew's wedding reception, there was a very loud party in an adjoining suite, at roughly 10:30 pm. I called the front desk. They, essentially, said "we can't do much but ask them to turn it down". It was turned down - for about 15 minutes. I called again, and got no satisfaction. I then went to the suite myself, and dealt with it (my sister was booked on the same floor, and made a similar complaint). So, leaving potentially nasty conflicts up to individual guest resolution - strike two.

Upon check-out in the morning, there were erroneous charges on my room account. I had to wait a bit, while the guest in front of me cleared up the erroneous charges on his room account. Strike three.

This is a very nice, fancy-looking property. They have a wonderful reputation as one of the best properties in the country. They have no freakin' idea how to treat guests that aren't "A" list. This trip was actually before Feb. 2013, but, that's as far back as tripadvisor allows me to go. I thought I had already written a review - don't know if it was somehow "deleted", or what, but it isn't in my "trip history" as it should be.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew F
Gabe I, Director of Operations at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Matthew, first let me thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is invaluable.

Regardless of how you choose to reserve a room, we are committed to providing consistent and courteous service from start to finish. I’m very sorry this was not your experience. We will be using this as an opportunity for retraining.

Your comfort is our highest priority. We have team members on property 24 hours a day, prepared to respond to and resolve any noise complaint with diligence. Clearly, we missed the mark and failed to provide the intended service.

I’m happy to hear we were able to resolve the error on your bill, but I’m sorry it took much time. Again, thank you posting your review. We will use this incredibly helpful tool to ensure your negative experience is an isolated one. Additionally, we would love to welcome you back for another opportunity to knock your socks off.

Best Regards,
Gabe

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I didn't expect to find such a nice hotel in Kentucky, to be honest. It was the highlight of our short stay in Louisville. While the art is mostly from up-and-coming artists, a lot of it was very good and better organized that in some galleries. Yes, the design is modern and minimal but that does not adversely effect the level of comfort: our room had a spacious and well-thought out layout, the bed and pillows had the right amount of firmness, and the bathroom was pleasant and with good-quality toiletries. If I ever come back to Louisville, this is where I'm staying.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura S, Sales Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hello NikaRossa,
Thank you for choosing to stay at 21c Louisville. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel, and that we made your trip to Kentucky memorable. We hope to see you in Louisville soon, and we invite you to checkout our new properties in Cincinnati and Bentonville!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

After looking at this hotel online I thought it would be nice but it definitely exceeded expectations. Rooms were beautiful, spacious and bathroom was classy, modern and clean. Loved the bath products and robes. The art was everywhere and even my teen sons enjoyed it. Hotel staff were all very helpful and pleasant. Wish I stayed longer and will be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Morgan F

Hi Morgan,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your visit to 21c Louisville. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful. This is a beautiful, comfortable space if you like the finer things in life and appreciate contemporary art. We loved that it was not a stuffy hotel as we've sometimes experienced with "nicer/pricier" properties. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. The food was outstanding, and the staff went out of their way to engage our 2 year old son.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi Trista,
Thank you for sharing the photo of your son dining at Proof on Main with our Red Penguin. What a great picture! It sounds like you and your family truly had a fun time exploring our museum galleries and relaxing in your guestroom. We love hosting families at 21c! We hope to see you again soon.