“Great new hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, KY
“Great new hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2007

The hotel itself is brand new and wonderful. The room was very spacious and well decorated. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I do however have an issue with the person at the front desk that checked me in. It was an older man, and I am a younger female that was traveling alone. The lobby had quite a few people sitting in it that evening that could very clearly have overheard the front desk person say my room number OUT LOUD. That is a HUGE no-no for any front desk person, especially when the guest is a female traveling alone. That made me pretty uncomfortable and upset. Also, the man had very dirty fingernails. I suppose that may be a personal hang up of mine, but it added to the bad impression I got from that person.

Otherwise, there is nothing I could possibly complain about in regards to the hotel itself. The breakfast buffet was nice with plenty of choices and real plates, silverware and glasses.

• Liked — Size and decor of the rooms
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Shangri_la_Seeker, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, 15 July 2007
We are very sorry that you felt that our front desk person was not professional. However I assure you that this gentleman is normally very professional and pleasant and that he cares very much about his appearance to the guest. He has said he is very sorry for the room number mistake, and thanks you for bringing it to his attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2007

Overview:
I stayed at the Wingate Inn Louisville 1 night earlier this month--April 2007.

First Impression:
The hotel is beatiful--very large with lots of open space around. The grounds are impeccable and the outside of the building is in perfect, new condition. This is an extremely safe location, and as a single female traveller this is important to me.

Location:
This hotel was very easy to find either from the major freeway or side streets in Louisville. It's down a long dead end road lined with other, older hotels. Once you pull up to the Wingate, you see how new and beautiful it is.

What's Nearby:
There are several other hotels within walking distance. It would be a very short drive or 5-10 minute walk to tons of great restaurants in the vicinity. There are some strip malls and shopping also within a short drive.

Lobby:
The lobby was open with vaulted ceilings, stunning marble floors, comfortable lounge chairs, and an absolutely huge breakfast area running alongside the lobby. So many budget hotels have 2-3 small tables in a tiny area to accommodate the tons of hotel guests. At this Wingate, there were many, many tables inside and even a large patio outside where you could enjoy your breakfast or coffee (when the weather is nice enough). They would have no trouble seating dozens of hotel guests comfortably. This was a very clean, cozy, luxurious, and impressive lobby!!! Everything was new, clean, and very high class. Off of the lobby there was a small sundry/gift shop and a large business center with 2 computer stations and tons of office supplies. I really enjoyed this feature for checking my email and surfing the Internet!!!

Staff:
The staff here were very friendly and helpful with my reservation and checking in/out. Maintenance and housekeeping staff all were friendly, too. Everyone seemed very happy to be working in such a beautiful place!!!

Check-in/Check-out:
Check-in and out were quick and efficient.

Room:
My non-smoking suite was fantastic!!! I literally had a kitchen, dining area with table chairs, full living area with lounge chair and couch, office area with large desk and desk chair, and complete bedroom area. There must have been 8 lamps in the room because it was so huge and had all the different little living areas. The bathroom was enormous and brand new. Everything smelled so clean and fresh!!! I felt like I had my own condo and I loved being in the room. This is the kind of hotel where you enjoy spending time in the room!!!

Parking:
There's tons of free parking right in front of the hotel, in a safe and secure area.

Breakfast:
The continental breakfast was great with tons of options and the layout was very appealing. There was a staffperson who cleaned and kept everything well stocked. I could sit and watch the morning news before starting my day. As mentioned earlier, the area for serving breakfast was just huge and not crowded at all. If it wasn't a rainy morning I would have sat on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful setting.

Price:
The amazing part of my stay is that I got to stay for free, using only 6000 TripRewards points. Usually for 6000 points you get something very economical, but here I feel like I was in a luxury hotel for free!! This was just a steal.

Problems:
There's nothing wrong with this hotel at all. You are a bit far from downtown Louisville (maybe 10 minutes by car on the freeway) but there is plenty in this suburan area in terms of shopping, dining, movie theaters, etc... so you are my no means isolated. I do wish my windows opened, because I like to feel fresh air, but otherwise I absolutely cannot find any other complaints or concerns.

Conclusion:
This is one of the most beautiful, clean, and wonderful hotels in which I have stayed. I was so impressed with the friendly staff, the new look and feel everywhere, my absolutely huge suite, the large breakfast area, the variety of shopping and dining nearby, and the amenities (sundry/gift shop, large business center, fitness center, spa and pool). If you don't mind being a few miles away from the downtown area, this is your best bet in Louisville!!!

Please email me if you have any questions about the Wingate Louisville, JenPerna@aol.com.

• Liked — Brand New, Super Clean, Huge Suites, Friendly Staff, Large Business Center and Breakfast Area
  • Disliked — My windows didn't open.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank JenPerna
Shangri_la_Seeker, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, 9 May 2007
Thank you so much for your review. The staff of the Wingate Inn try to treat everyone as if they are our best friends and welcome them to stay at our house. Chris Yang General Mgr.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2007

My husband and I just got back for a 2-night stay at the Wingate Inn. We were in town for the the Farm Show. We stayed in a King Size bedroom with a refrigerate, microwave, and coffee maker. The room was very nice! The staff was great and I would highly recommend this hotel. To be honest, I'm a little "picky" when it comes to hotels. I am grossed out by a lot of hotels. I was comfortable enough in this clean hotel to walk around the room barefoot (something I won't do at every hotel!!). The bed was comfortable, the pillows were big and fluffy, the bathroom has nice marble counter tops (and nice, big towels), there is a desk and chair, and another sitting chair with ottoman, the room has very nice decorations and light fixtures. The room was in perfect condition - very clean and fresh. We considered staying down-town in one of the more upscale hotels... I am so glad that we didn't. The Wingate has everything you would want and need. We paid $109/night (much cheaper than the downtown rates, too). This hotel is very easy to get to - it is located near the interstate in a nice part of town.
My husband and I also used the pool and hot tub both nights. This area was also very clean and nice. We ate the continental breakfast which had things like waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, fruit, juice, milk and coffee. Overall I was highly impressed by the Wingate Inn. It is the nicest chain hotel we've ever stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel for your visit to Louisville. It was only a 10 minute drive to downtown and to the Fair and Expo Center. Enjoy your stay :)

• Liked — Extremely clean and nice. Good location. Nice pool and hot tub. We will be staying here again.
  • Disliked — Nothing - Overall it is a great, affordable hotel
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
6 Thank HunterLilly
Shangri_la_Seeker, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, 27 February 2007
Thank you so much for your comments. We hope that you will return to the Wingate Inn on your next visit. We are a new hotel and we welcome all comments to help us improve our service to our guest.

David
Wingate Inn- Louisville
central illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2006

The Wingate Inn Louisville is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at. It is brand new and located in a super nice clean new area on the edge of Louisville. It is located near many new sit down restaraunts, fast food, and buffets. It is also near a couple other hotels. For the hotel itself it is brand new (just opened in July). The rooms were very spacious with a microwave and fridge. You could easily fit a rollaway or matress in the open space. The bathrooms were super nice and the shower was excellent. The pool wasn't huge but it was big enough for a large family, and it had a nice large hot tub and nice little patio area. The staff was the nicest staff we have ever had. They gave us directions to different places, always greeted us when we came in and left, and they had fresh cookies at the front desk. The breakfast was also the best we've had for a continental breakfast. They had biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, and more. It's only about 10-15min. from downtown. The BEST hotel in Louisville.

• Liked — Friendly staff and price
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
7 Thank illiniguy620
Berea, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2006

We spent the nights of 6 & 7 July, 2006 in this Wingate Inn which had literally opened the week before. In fact, we were the first guests ever to occupy our room! As can be supposed, the hotel was spotlessly clean and had the smell of new construction about it. Staff members were a bit slow at the computers, but that was to be expected as they were just learning the ropes. That being said, they were extremely friendly and helpful.
The free continental breakfast was the standard Wingate offering with a waffle maker, cold cereals, muffins, toast, juice and some fresh fruit. The first morning, there was no 2% milk available, but that was our only "complaint." There is also a wonderful flat panel TV to watch while breakfasting and even an outdoor porch should one wish to dine outside.
The Louisville Wingate Inn is located in an area that is absolutely packed with other hotels, but its newness and the reputation of Wingate garnered our reservations and we have not a single regret.
There is also plenty of dining nearby, including a Hometown Buffet, a Chinese Buffet and a number of other fast-food and sit-down options.
If you're in the Louisville area and looking for a nice place to stay that is outside the city but still conveniently close, this Wingate fits the bill. By the way, parking is ample and free.

• Stayed July 2006