“Great Family Property in East Louisville”

Homewood Suites Louisville East
Ranked #1 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I just spent 5 nights there. The hotel is roomy, quiet, with fantastic rooms. Breakfast was better than any Residence Inn I've stayed at. Had dinner there one night with my family.....not great but not bad and most importantly, it was free! For the money, you won't go wrong!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We were here for Breeder's Cup weekend, so needless to say the hotel was at full capacity. We were meeting friends here and asked for our rooms to be as close to each other as possible. The first room we were given had Miner's Mark, wine and a nice laptop in it. But we soon realized these were not complimentary gifts, but that we were in someone else's room. Our new room ended up being on the 1st floor, our friends were on ther fourth, so obviously this request got screwed up.
We had a 2-bdrm, 2-bath suite which was a nice size. Bathrooms and bedrooms were great but the living area's furniture looked like it hadn't been updated since 1975. Couch was so small two people could hardly sit on it. Chair was old and uncomfortable. Homewood needs to look at Residence Inns and try some refurbishing of its tired old plaid couches.
Breakfast also did not have a lot of healthy options, which was disappointing to me, since I don't eat eggs or meat. The second morning was better as they had added oatmeal, but the first day it was inadequate. Staff all around was friendly and helpful.
Location is top-notch with a great mall a hop,skip and jump away and plenty of restaurant options nearby for all tastes. Highly recommend the deli in front of the property which had one of the nicest salad bars I've ever tried, great soup and free ice cream for the kids. We took boxed lunches from there with us to the track and they were terrific.
All in all I would recommend, but again, come on Hilton, update your living suites a bit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I will not come back to this suite. The room was noisey from the appliances. The 2 towels were small like hand cloth's and the overall appearance was depressing. If you can handle the lower type living standards...then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Keep moving down the road!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank travelnut94
ChrisAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review to TripAdvisor. Any and all guest feedback is greatly appreciated and crucial to the overall success of our hotel.

I apologize for your experience with us here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton- Louisville East. Your experience is in no way indicative of the standards and expectations set forth by us, as a management team, and I would like the opportunity to speak with you in detail about your stay and help rectify the situation.

Please contact me via phone, at 502-429-9070, or e-mail, at chris.logsdon@hilton.com. Again, thank you for the feedback. I hope to speak with you soon. Have a wonderful holiday season and thank you for choosing us on your trip to Louisville.

Chris Logsdon
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here 3 nights while attending a convention in Louisville. Our overall stay was an A+. The only negative was that our room was next to the elevator equipment room and we had some noise from that. It wasn't enough to keep you awake and was tolerable. Otherwise it was great! Good breakfast for a hotel. Comfortable bed. Nice room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel in both '10 and '11 for Breeders, Cup weekend.

Rooms were very clean, staff was wonderful!

Couple of issues:
The exercise room had the worst crosstrainer I've ever experienced in a hotel gym. Treadmills were occupied, but crosstrainer was close to unusable.

Our friends asked for a room near us and were given a key to an already occupied room. Oops! Thankfully the occupant was not in his room, but his lap top etc oould have easily been stolen. It could have been worse, but this is a scary mx-up.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mommy2one00
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel is. This was my first time staying at a Homewood Suites and I found it to be very spacious, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Plus the price was very reasonable as well. I loved that the bedroom had a ceiling fan as I typically get hot while I sleep and having it run throughout the night kept me cool. I was told that there was a dinner in the evening and breakfast in the morning, however, my schedule was pretty busy so I was unable to take advantage of those extras.

Stephanie, at the front desk was very nice- after I had checked out I called her in a panic as I had misplaced my Jade ring. I was unable to turn around to go back due to a meeting I was running late for and then had to immediately catch a plane after that so when I called Stephanie assured me she would have housekeeping look for it right away and call me back regardless if it was found or not. I received a call back within 15 minutes that it had been found and she would send it back to me in the mail that day.

Very nice hotel, the only problems I encountered were the air/heating unit in the wall was a bit loud throughout the night and the tub would not properly drain due to a broken plug. I did let Stephanie know about the broken plug upon check out and I have no doubt that it will be taken care of.

I will definitely stay at this location again along with stay at other Homewood Suites locations elsewhere. I am very picky so am very happy to have another hotel chain to choose from, I highly recommend checking this out, nice job Hilton!

Room Tip: Will need to use the alternate address listed on the website if using GPS, it is a bit hard to find.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I was traveling alone, but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom. The suit was very nice! I did have to relocate the tall plant/tree in the hallway, as it kept startling me! The suite had two bedrooms - one with a king bed, one with 2 queens - and two full baths. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances, including a dishwasher and dishes. There was a flat screen TV in each bedroom and in the living room. Usually, these type suite hotels supply serving/storage bowls, but this room did not have any. I liked the desk in the bedroom and used it as my make up table as there was a mirror over it and a bright lamp. The TV in the king bedroom, where I set up, did not get all the cable channels that the living room TV received and I noticed the TV in the fitness center also did not get many channels. I reported this to the front desk, but unfortunately it was a Sunday and the maintenance man was not availalble. I was offered to change rooms, but I had already spent a few hours grocery shopping and getting settled in, so I stayed and watched the living room TV, When I went to warm up some dinner Sunday night, I found the mircrowave did not work. I called to report that and again was offered to be relocated or I could use the microwave in the lobby breakfast area, which I did. This was inconvenient, as again later that night I wanted to use the mircrowave, but was already in my PJs and didn't want to dress to go down to the lobby. Monday AM while showering, I learned the tub drain plug wouldn't stay open and the tub kept filling with water, and also the coffee pot lid needed replacing in order for the pot to operate. I report these issues to be added to the work order for the TV and Microwave repairs. I was gone all day Monday and got in late. When I did get in, completed work order copies on the table stated that the TV and drain were fixed, and a new coffee pot lid was left, but a part for the microwave needed to be ordered - oh no, another night without my evening snack. Tuesday AM I setup and turned on the coffee pot and it never made coffee! I informed the front desk and again was offered to change rooms. Since I was only there 4 days and 3 nights and this was my 3rd day, I did not want to move. I asked for a new coffee pot and was offered a counter top microwave at the same time I was about to ask for one. That last night I was there, when I got back to the room, there was the countertop microwave and a brand new- out of the box- coffee maker. Finally, my last night, I had everything I needed.

The front desk clerk was the same one that answered the phone each time I called. I think her name is Karen. She was very sweet and apologetic, and did try to help out, and maintenance did respond promptly. I think I had a lemon room; however, it should have been checked more thoroughly before being shown as available. I don't think the next person getting that room will have any problems - at least not in the king bedroom and bath, living room and kitchen - don't know about the other bedroom and bathroom since I didn't use them.

I would stay there again if I'm ever in the area - because of the staff response.

Room Tip: Before getting settled, try everything to be sure it works.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business