“EXCELLENT STAY”

Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
MECHANICSVILLE, United States
“EXCELLENT STAY”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I would recommend this hotel. It is very clean, staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast is a full breakfast and Monday thru Thursday they have dinner. The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My in-laws, husband and I booked a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. We were all really impressed...great experience. The Thursday nite dinner was wonderful, and we truly enjoyed the daily breakfast. Room was VERY roomy...and spotless. We didn't hear a sound from anywhere during our stay. Quiet and peaceful. A perfect stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our 2 bedroom suite was very spacious, tastefully decorated, and clean. Unlike so many other hotels, the breakfast area is big enough to accommodate a crowd--no eating on your lap back in the room! Breakfast featured hot items and a waffle maker, so there was something for everyone. The outdoor pool was heated. The location was quiet, but within driving distance of tons of restaurants. We would definitely stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I travel for a living so i decided to stay at the homewood suites east for 2 weeks. Remind you i am a Gold member of the Hilton brand. I arrived later than originally scheduled due to a delay flight. To my surprise, i was mark as a no-call no show and that the auditing was done that night. I said, that's fine. A few days later i noticed i was billed twice on separate days, which no one can see or tell me the reason why. At this point i have 5 transactions on my account that nobody can explain to me why. The only answer i get is that the night-shift person is responsible and i need to talk to her. I tried to speak to her prior, but i received a "hurry up stance" due to customers trying to check in. I felt like i was push off and my concerns was not something worth looking into. I originally booked another stay from 08/04-08/16, but i will be cancelling my reservation and going to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason B
maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel seems new and rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was okay, but for a hotel this size GET ANOTHER FRONT DESK CLERK!!!! We arrived to a rather noisy meeting in the lobby, where normally guests can relax after arrival. Not here. I feel bad for the one desk clerk they had running ragged trying to check people in and deal with the phone. Having worked years in hospitality with a degree in hotel management, I can easily say this is NOT the way to run a hotel.

For rooms, we had "studio suites"....something I've not really seen in Homewood before and hope not to again. Tiny in comparison to regular rooms, but no real difference in price. Room coffee is awful. Lobby coffee is disgusting...robust is like water and regular is overpoweringly bitter. I ran a coffee shop and can grade coffee well enough....this coffee is a complete and utter failure, and along with a sub-par breakfast that was an hour late, I would not return here again. Fruit was not very fresh, biscuits were overdone, and I would more expect biscuits and gravy at a Hampton Inn, not Homewood. The pool is outdoors and a bit chilly, with the hot tub being moderately hot. Okay...tolerable, but I've seen better. Wi-Fi is okay. Lastly, I can hear sinks running through the walls at all hours and people walking upstairs. Seems poorly constructed. Also, very inconvenient to find the place. A very ho-hum experience.

2 Thank jfwilder
Mt. Juliet, TN
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel is a regular stop for us when visiting my wife's family in Louisville. It's always clean and the location is very convenient to quality restaurants and shopping. On this trip our plans changed and we arrived earlier than expected. Even though the hotel was full the night before, the manager on duty (Karen, I think) went out of her way to arrange for an early check-in. That's the kind of service that creates loyal customers like us.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and two boys went on a vacation with my mother to the Smoky Mountains. We chose to stay overnight here as our midpoint stop on the way. We chose a two-bedroom suite. The suite was excellent and was exactly what we needed. We stayed in one bedroom with two queen beds and my mother stayed in the king bedroom. The bedrooms were on opposite sides of the suite separated by the living room/kitchenette area. Each bedroom had its own bath and door to close. It afforded everyone sleeping privacy at night without the "separated" feeling of two adjoining rooms. The beds were very comfortable and bathrooms were well appointed with good showers. The hot breakfast in the morning was plentiful and tasty. Having the big breakfast allowed us to finish the trip without taking the time to stop for a lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely make this a stopping point on future trips through the Louisville area.

Room Tip: Look for advance purchase deals. Our double-room suite cost was comparable to or less than normal r...